Is it a sign to call it quits???

Kent

For the past 3 months I have been having the worst luck in races and now today even when training. I've only been riding for just over a year so not sure if this is the norm in the beginning. Earning my stripes I suppose.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The list goes from people riding into me breaking my rear carbon wheel, punctures, chain drops, getting involved in crashes that have f'all to do with me, ending my 2nd Argus prematurely and in the process breaking my front carbon wheel....

Then to top it all off today when minding my own business on my morning training ride, 2 ladies on their cruise decide to make u turn in the road without even looking behind them. With my luck being in the wrong place at the wrong time I T-Bone one of them flying off my bike. I even shouted at them from a disance to say I was passing. My bike is now damaged AGAIN and I?m full of roasties. Yes I should be grateful I?m not worse off, but DAMN when does it end.

Has anyone experienced this kind of bad luck before.....???

Don?t know how much more of this I can take. <?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

Kent2009-03-12 08:51:22

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought one and did the Argus MTB 55Km for my first race and it was awesome. MTBing is loads of fun. Makes you very strong too.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'' date=''serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">For the past?3 months I have been having the worst luck in races and now today even when training. I've only been riding for just over a year so not sure if this is the norm in the beginning. Earning my stripes I suppose.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">?<O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">The list goes from people riding into me breaking my rear?carbon wheel, punctures, chain drops, getting involved in crashes that have f'all to do with me, ending my 2nd Argus prematurely and in the process breaking my front carbon wheel.... <O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">?<O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">Then to top it all off today when minding my own business on my?morning training ride, 2 ladies on their cruise decide to make u turn in the road without even looking behind them. With my luck being in the wrong place at the wrong time?I T-Bone one of them flying off my bike. I even shouted at them from a disance to say I was passing. My bike is now damaged AGAIN and I?m full of roasties. Yes I should be grateful I?m not worse off, but DAMN when does it end. <O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">Has anyone experienced this kind of bad luck before.....??? <O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA">Don?t know how much more of?this I can take. </SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-no-proof: yes; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA"><?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><V:SHAPE id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><V:STROKE joinstyle="miter"></V:STROKE><V:ULAS><V:F eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 1 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @2 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @0 0 1"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @6 1 2"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></V:F><V:F eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></V:F><V:F eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></V:F></V:ULAS><V:PATH gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f" o:connect="rect"></V:PATH><O:LOCK aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></O:LOCK></V:SHAPE><V:SHAPE id=Picture_x0020_1 style="WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="Confused" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" ="#_x0000_t75"><V: o:title="Confused" =":///C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempmsoclip101clip_001.gif"></V:></V:SHAPE></SPAN><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-ZA"><O:P></O:P></SPAN>

?
[/quote']

Bad luck normally comes in periods, so i am sure it is going to end some time. I remember riding a spring season with 70% of the races i was getting flats.

On the other hand i remember riding with you on the Tour De Winelands late last year. I remember quite clearly you almost wiping me out. We came over the finish line you on my wheel and when approaching the mates you insisted on trying to overtake me even though we had finished. over eager maybe? smiley2.gif

The answer.....Mountain Biking

Agreed. In mountain biking you half expect bad luck to strike at any moment so are much more relaxed when it does. Besides, it's a lot harder than road racing so you can get rid of your frustrations quickly! Big%20smile

I listen to my PIERS... they tell me they don't like the way all the fishermen leave rotten bait all over their concrete surfaces...

My PEERS, on the other hand, tell me to take out my aggression on the slopes of Tokai.

Moral of the story? Learn to spell. Then go MTB'ing.

cptmayhem2009-03-12 10:38:39

I bet you don't have a rabbit foot do you? I know there is or used to be a bunny park in Benoni. Maybe on the next dump ride you can swing past. Or maybe before the ride so you dont have any mishaps on the dump ride.

I had a friend who used to get a puncture on just about every ride. Now I get an average of 2 punctures per ride. Some days 4!!! A lady hit the brakes right in front of me , I hit her and cracked 3 ribs. Was off the bike for 3 weeks.

Believe me, your bad luck will change. Remember, concentrate, and always, but always, expect the unexpected! smiley20.gif

Guest Agteros

I had a friend who used to get a puncture on just about every ride. Now I get an average of 2 punctures per ride. Some days 4!!! A lady hit the brakes right in front of me ' date=' I hit her and cracked 3 ribs. Was off the bike for 3 weeks.

Believe me, your bad luck will change. Remember, concentrate, and always, but always, expect the unexpected! smiley20.gif [/quote']

Easy to stay out of trouble... Just imagine all cyclist around you will act like a taxi driver...

For the broken wheels... stop distracting everybody with all the carbon bits. Ride a  proper alu bike (You will only a max of3 kgs). It will not distract the people around you, and if you fall the bike will be able to handle it!

DeeP - i like the name.....

Hey Matt

Apologies if i almost wiped you out. Yes i am over eager at the best of times.....

Kent: remember me having an entire season of punctures? Stop whining, get on your bike and ride. You don't see me quitting...

Kent: remember me having an entire season of punctures? Stop whining' date=' get on your bike and ride. You don't see me quitting...[/quote']

I'm like women. I need to moan and let it all out. Wink
Kent2009-03-12 23:56:54