What do you think about this bike?

ASTANA

I think the question should be " how good is this frame" as components and prices are easy to compare.CAADman2009-03-13 04:21:27

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought that bikes kid brother, the TFS 900 last week. I paid R12k for it. Its exactly the same, just the technology in the frame is 'not as good' or so they say.

I absolutely love it though. Very happy with my purhcase.

That frame is very light, and is quite a pretty piece of kit. You can get it from Cycle Factory in Montague Gardens for R16,250. Shock feels very plush, and I reckon its good value for the money. Service from Cycle Factory has always been extremely good for me, and I know others will recommend them.

thank you guys. I like the frame and the with all the shopping arround that is the price a bit up sometimes but not very cheaper. My lbs is also alot closer to home so to save lets say 200 on the deal is not considerd worth it.

Thanx noche for the info on you buy. Have a great time on your bike.

This might be a curve ball, but....

How about a 29er Hard Tail ?

You can get a Frame, Fork, Headset & Wheels for R9k from Kiwi.

Throw in a 2008 XT groupset (including brakes) from CWC at R7.5k.

Add in a seatpost, seat and grips.

and you have a brand new On-One 29er for around R17k !!

You can thank me later ! Big%20smile

The Thug2009-03-13 06:32:13

I have the HFS 3000 D with louise Magura brakes and the XT spec. The frame can definately handle the rough stuff, i am not so sure about the raleigh. I think you cant go wrong with merida.

I was looking at similar bikes/price range and if this is the new 09 model(think it is) then it was some of the best value I found, most others have SLX at the same price.

Solomans have 2007 Trek 8900's -full new xtr, fox terralogic, bontrager parts for 19999. Maybe thats worth the extra cash?

I was looking at similar bikes/price range and if this is the new 09 model(think it is) then it was some of the best value I found' date=' most others have SLX at the same price.

Solomans have 2007 Trek 8900's -full new xtr, fox terralogic, bontrager parts for 19999. Maybe thats worth the extra cash?
[/quote']

Fox dont make Terralogic anymore. I think that technology is being used in the new Spez bikes with their own forks.

As for the Merida, if this is what a Taiwanese framed XT specced HT is costing these days I am truly shocked.Confused

I know they dont make it anymore, its a 2007 bike, so then the fork was still made.

Yes, thats how much bike prices have gone up, 2008 gt was R26k, 2009 model is R34k. Eish! 

Compare the Merida with GT Zaskar Expert (similar price). I think it has better wheels and fork. SLX parts can be upgraded to XT when they wear out.

had a look at the bike again today. I'm taking it and I'm very happy!! After a lot of research I think I found a light decent bike for a roadie to go off road.

Thanx for the comments and help you guys!

dude...... GT all the way

Dude - I had a GT up till now - great bike, but the new models are way over my price range.

Good thing now is that with the marida - I can have 2 waterbottelsWink

Cheers man

Like Noche, I bought the TFS 900 D a couple of weeks back. AWESOME bike for the price!! No doubt you'll have many km's of fun on your beauty - enjoy it bro!Smile

I have a 1000D, awesome bike

I just changed the XT-Trigger and RD to X-0 gripshifts and an X-9 RD and now she is perfect.

Oh, and the saddle is Censored hard. I changed to a Gobi XM