BIKE JACKINGS DETAILS

mallo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo just want a update on the meeting. Would also be willing to get involved.

Also keen to be involved...

What about marking our own stuff, engraving etc. I had an issue with  top end dirt bikes going, we marked all parts, two of the bikes were stolen weeks later... Our mechanic called us bout 3 months after the incident and noted our names and phone numbers on certain parts ... long story... our bikes were stripped of the good stuff, hot ups all sold here in SA, the rest of the bike went over the border, 1 Lesotho, 1 Moz...

There are many more eyes and ears on the cycle scene, so it might be our answer...

Must say, I had a look at the gumtree trek and, considering this thread, it all looks kinda spooky. 

If you received an unwanted Bike like that, surely you would take it back to the store where it was bought. Does anyone know what size that particular one is? Has anyone messaged the seller?

Sent a few msg's but no reply... even sent a msg to another ad for the same bike from january when it was advertised for R60k but no word from that ad either. Most of the ads on gumtree are scams, not stolen goods. The person will have left the country and desperately need to sell it and the ridiculously low price incl.'s postage etc... I've tried contacting Gumtree's admin, but got a very polite msg thanking me for my concern and then the same ads reappeared the following day.