BIKE JACKINGS DETAILS

mallo

Somehow we hubber must come up with a plan....we have many eyes & ears to the ground and we just need to be aware of what is selling where....

Brings me back to a old pint of guys advertising and/or boasting of "bargains" that they bought...

No one in their right mind will sell a brand new 2009 model bike for say 50% of its RRP....(I'm referring to another post on Hub).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that Trek is serious hardware.

I wouldnt mind one of those, but will let you know as soon as I pick up a "bargain".

I have been fortunate so far, but it is disturbing that the expensive bikes gets targeted.

Obviously the thughs know what bikes to go for, or do you think its just everyone that gets targeted.

And I agree, there must be a good second hand market if this is on the increase!

Johan's posts make some sense.

Admin How about only allowing the for sale thread to have posts done by persons declaring their real identity on the hub at least this way we know whom we dealing with.

I for one scan this section quite often for deals,who knows I might be buying from one of the skelms.   

Its on the West Rand

If you take the Maraisburg off ramp and turn left that is Bosmont....thats coming from 14th avenue.....

where you coming from

Pretoria !!

Its on the West Rand

If you take the Maraisburg off ramp and turn left that is Bosmont....thats coming from 14th avenue.....

where you coming from

Pretoria !!

Looks like I'm also at the wrong end of the world (other side of the Jukskei).  Maybe we need a similar initiative this side of the world.  Let us know how things go, maybe we can learn something form your experience.  We are going to have to do something about security on this side unless we are prepared to give up cycling.  I'm not prepared to let thugs rule my life like that.

Johan's posts make some sense.

Admin How about only allowing the for sale thread to have posts done by persons declaring their real identity on the hub at least this way we know whom we dealing with.

I for one scan this section quite often for deals' date='who knows I might be buying from one of the skelms.   [/quote']

Mallo what is the point? Generally if you interested in an item you PM the person; then cell numbers are exchange, then you meet the person and collect the goods. Most hubbers selling items are known in the cycle scene! A "skelm" will not advertise on the hub; too scared they get caught!

But very few people can resist a bargain.

(Go have a look at how the hubbers brawled over the 2 polar HR monitors just the other day. Mine, mine, mine....)
In general, overkeen buyers are blind sighted by an incredibly low price on a part, wheelset, frame, the buyers forget to ask proof of purchase and payment. I'm with Mallo on this one. Have sellers make their identity known.

Fester, agreed on the POP confirmation with the seller on an item; however a buyer can easily see through a seller whether an item is stolen or not! I do not believe legit buyers would sell goods at rediculous cheap prices?

Kinda dodgy when you see an advert on Gumtree that just says Scott bicycle R10 000 with absolutely no description or details of any kind. one line advert.

Kinda dodgy when you see an advert on Gumtree that just says Scott bicycle R10 000 with absolutely no description or details of any kind. one line advert.

My bike?