What bibs to use / buy?

ASTANA

Hey. Was looking at new bibs, but need some advice.Big%20smile

Had a look at the older bib topics - but everyone seem to differ.

Do any of you use NOsweat bibs ? Friend of mine uses them and say they are very comfy and last long enough.

Don't want to use assos on MTB. Looking for much cheeper to buy under 1000K.

Had a pair of First Accent bibs - very happy with those(didn't last that long), but looking to see whats out there.

What would you guys reccomend and how long should a bib last - if you ride at least 6 days a week? MTB and Road

ASTANA2009-03-26 02:17:36

I tried on some Giordana's at cycle lab and they were awesome. Still trying to convince myself to fork out the R1200 for them. But they were much better than the Cape Storms or First Ascent's I tried on which were going for about R720

My Cape Storm Matrix have been giving be thousands of painfree miles. I've got 2 pairs and 1 pair of their baggies.

Just bought a pair of first ascent yesterday for R800. They feel pretty comfy. Will let you know how they ride!! Astana hows the new Merida??

I saw the new Indola bib's at the pre-Argus expo. They looked awesome. Their baggies have the best shammy that I have. My other choice would be Velotex.  

Just bought a pair of first ascent yesterday for R800. They feel pretty comfy. Will let you know how they ride!! Astana hows the new Merida??

Thanx. Still waiting for it - Picking it up this weekend or maby sooner. Work gets in the way you know.... thanx for asking

Love the First accent bibs 2

I, amongst others, have 2 pairs of First Ascent's - the first has Grey on the outside (as well as Black panels and a Blue Chamois - the Second (newer) seems to be a later version (all black on the outside) with a thicker Orange Chamois.

I much prefer the original ones (Blue Chamois), but don't know whether it's just want I've got used to - I use these for both MTB and Road.

My Indola baggies chammy has "crumpeled" in their cover and now are un rideable.

I saw the new Indola bib's at the pre-Argus expo. They looked awesome. Their baggies have the best shammy that I have. My other choice would be Velotex.  

Does anyone know where I can get Giordana's other than Cycle Lab? I found the Cape Storm / First Ascent ones just dont fit me, medium is slightly too roomy around the waist, small is well, ridiculously small.

What would you guys reccomend and how long should a bib last - if you ride at least 6 days a week? MTB and Road

??Confused

Don't use 1 bib 6 days a week!!! Have at least as a minimum 2.

I wouldn't buy First Assent. Have heard now a few guys also (like my experience) finding them cutting into the flesh

6days/week, 2 pairs, at that sort of price range expect 1 season's riding, more than that and you're lucky.

Assos and you're good for 5 seasons

??Confused

Don't use 1 bib 6 days a week!!! Have at least as a minimum 2.

I wouldn't buy First Assent. Have heard now a few guys also (like my experience) finding them cutting into the flesh

6days/week' date=' 2 pairs, at that sort of price range expect 1 season's riding, more than that and you're lucky.

Assos and you're good for 5 seasons
[/quote']

Was not riding 6 days straight without washing. But yes its easier to have more and alternate

UPDATE - read all the other/older posts on other bib related topics, but no one seems to aggree.

What do you guys think about NOsweat bibs ? Friend got a few pairs and he is very happy

Need some advice. Like the First accent shorter legs, but after all the negative post on those I'm not to sure.

I have been using No Sweat bibs for the last 3 years and they are still in perfect condition. Also have Panda, Velotex and Anatomic but prefer the No Sweats by far - will only buy them (or Pearl Izumi - just for show) in future

Good to hear man. Can get some of those for cheaper - through a friends dad who own a shop - so will then try them for a change. Do they have shorter or longer legs ? The first accent has decent short legs - like it - especially in the summer