The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Thug... actually we've just started doing the fixie thing so we chose somewhere to go play that didn't have too much traffic. Pic is of my son.

To be honest, I found downhills more scary than the ups, although the ups are hard work with the fixed gear. Needless to say, we didn't do the serious hills and stuck mostly to the relative flats.

Steep downhills hold the potential for disaster as "braking" requires you to ride slower than gravity would like you to. It "donners" your knees and varous leg muscles that haven't been used much before.

But it WAS a lot of fun... a REALLY pure form of cycling. Might be nice to have at least one brake for traffic, though...

To all you guys and gals riding fixed gear

good stuff, bit tough on the knees on the hills but you can change the back gog to get better ratio, also it is great for road bikers to get into a regular pedal stroke rhythm.  This will improve your racing too, to have a more optimum power ferformance

soultourer

To all you guys and gals riding fixed gear

good stuff' date=' bit tough on the knees on the hills but you can change the back gog to get better ratio, also it is great for road bikers to get into a regular pedal stroke rhythm.  This will improve your racing too, to have a more optimum power ferformance

soultourer

[/quote']

And there's one on for sale smiley2.gif