Recovery foods

The Ultra runners also swears by the Mague stuff...

still have to work up the nerve to try it though....

Thats what I thought once upon a time, also tried it at some road running race in Gauteng and was pleasantly suprised.

Some races used to supply them in sachets at water tables...

SwissVan2009-04-02 04:04:49

Thanks for advice people.

Lucky I don't have weight issues, so the carbs won't do anything to me. I will try stock up on some fruit and try get more sleep in....if my family allows it.

I forgot to mention how phucked I really was yesterday morning....coming through town to Hatfield, I was going up Beatrix street to turn into Church street when a guy on a hypermaket-special MTB wearing tekkies and baggies passed meDeadCry...I wonder what he was thinkingConfused

most important is to replenish your clycogen levels...so have bread, potatoes, pasta, banana and also add a protein like eggs, cheese ham, diary.

most important is to replenish your clycogen levels...so have bread' date=' potatoes, pasta, banana and also add a protein like eggs, cheese ham, diary.

[/quote']

Or boerrie rolls Big%20smile

most important is to replenish your clycogen levels...so have bread' date=' potatoes, pasta, banana and also add a protein like eggs, cheese ham, diary.

[/quote']

Or boerrie rolls Big%20smile

shuttuuuuuuuupAngry, I have a spare tyre to get rid offLOLLOLLOL

Chocolate flavoured milk for post race protein / carb drink.

Also try Mageu #1.... fat free and full of carbs.

resized_06009616048875.jpg

resized_06001260000049.jpg

resized_06001260100077.jpg

The Ultra runners also swears by the Mague stuff...

still have to work up the nerve to try it though....

The good stuff..........drank it for a while back in the days.....but it tastes like when you lick a cow from behind.  Fist a strange sour......o never mind....Big%20smile

On Supercycling just before the S2C they had a dietician and she recmmended that you have a 500ml coke when you get off the bike and then a high GI carb chow, like a boerrie or burger. Ten you need to eat small meals with low GI carbs and protien every hour. That's for stage racing.

There is nothing like a good t-bone and potatoes (chips) before or after a race.

There is nothing like a good t-bone and potatoes (chips) before or after a race.

When Alan Robbs was at his prime he used to have that the night before he ran comrades and it worked wonders for him.

steeeeeak!

Gotta love it. But I have to aggree with the boerie roll idea. Works wonders. Looks like you need mroe sleep as well though...

Hell, looks like I've just copied everyone else's suggestions, doesn't it?

• 7 months later...