What Bladder is better? Wide mouth screw, or Clip?

Mozzi

Ok I have bougth a Deuter from Cape Union Mart... about 16 months ago.. great hydration pack :) :) but now i have to replace the bite valve... as mine has seen better days.....

Here comes the problem....

According to the shop assistant .. they dont stock the bite valves.... :( :( You pay almost 1K for a hydration packs.. and then they dont support the bite valves...should have gone for the camel pack.... as they have all sort of accessories in all stores..

Does anyone know where i can buy a DEUTER BITE VALVE....

I have seen a site for 12 dollers not bad... so if I dont come right localy.. then ill just have to do this...

The wide mouth Camelbak screw lid is big enough to get my hand in to clean which seldom happens as I look aftyer my bladder. You rinse it after every ride, air dry it and keep it in a ziplock bag in the fridge. 5 years and no science experiments... If you happen to get anything growing in the bladder, 24 hours with a mix of Milton and water coupled with a good shake generally sorts it out. Calembak bladders are strong as well. Not to mention availibility of spares is very good. I have two at the moment (Lobo and a Mule) and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

@ Dirtbreath As far as them slipping down, they have a plactic hook at the top near the screw cap that attaches to a nylon hook inside the back pack to stop that happening ;)

Ok I have bougth a Deuter from Cape Union Mart... about 16 months ago.. great hydration pack :) :) but now i have to replace the bite valve... as mine has seen better days.....

Here comes the problem....

According to the shop assistant .. they dont stock the bite valves.... :( :( You pay almost 1K for a hydration packs.. and then they dont support the bite valves...should have gone for the camel pack.... as they have all sort of accessories in all stores..

Does anyone know where i can buy a DEUTER BITE VALVE....

I have seen a site for 12 dollers not bad... so if I dont come right localy.. then ill just have to do this...

Just buy a camelbak bite valve and shutoff elbow valve thingy. It'll fit into the Deuter tube with some hot water and swearing.

Just buy a camelbak bite valve and shutoff elbow valve thingy. It'll fit into the Deuter tube with some hot water and swearing.

..........usually more swearing than hot water.

Ahhh, brings back memories… my friend suggested I use a camel back on my first big cycling event but she message me this at the last minute - day before.

Somehow during the event I manage to rip the lid off with my teeth and lost it…so I had to cycle with the stupid pipe in my mouth because it was still very full and I didn’t want my juice to leak out.

Totally forgot i need to buy a new and decent one.

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread. :)

Hi gents,

I have a Hydrapack like the one that Crowdude mentioned. Had it for years with no problems at all. It is also easy to fill and does not leak.

Regards

Sarge

i have one from aus. think its called outback or something.

also has the screw lid, i dont have a hassle with it. stop working your legs and do some arm exercises.

as for cleaning. i have used this same bladder for, maybe 5 years now, yes i have forgotten to empty my juice out, had a few new species cultivating their land but a good clean out shake around and soak sorted everything out.

one thing that would piss me off is a leaky bladder. thankfully mine doesnt leak. and all the fittings are the same as camelbak.

not that anything i said really helps the topic. just my 2c

..........usually more swearing than hot water.

Thanks guys ill give this a go : ):)