1. It's lighter

2. It has a DW Link

3. It's been proven

4. It's sexy

5. It's ...

20090415_005759_silver-spaceman.jpg

Big%20smile

You are Biased and You know it... 

I'm so glad I took the Blur LT out for a ride. I wanted to know what the ranting and raving is about.

Before I go futher, I'm also very sad that I won't buy it. As you mentioned this if for fun riding and hitting trails. It can climb. Oh yes it can, but I would need to change to much of my technique for this beast. But this bike is not made for technical climbs and racing. Its made for nailing trails and utilizing all of that travel.

If you're a XC rider this bike will not suite you. If you like technical rocky steep long climbs the long travel on front wheel will throuw you off as it feels to light. But that is the only thing this bike doesn't do.

It accelerates out of the blocks thaks to the wide raiser bars. It love downhills and sings halleluja the rougher the descends!

I wished I could afford the Blur XC, but will settle with customizing a AnthemX
Borriz2009-04-15 06:06:50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant beleve it... But that my friend I will offer my left testacle for. (the other one is for my son) and I wouldnt mind If the other bike in my garage is the picture above it.

that is sram red huh, I bet soon the new X10 tenspeed race stuff from sram will make its way onto that bike..what are they calling it? cant remember now..

Those wheels (DT carbon) mus be sh*thouse expencive. in fact everything...

I love how he describes it..

"There are actually some bizarre aspects of riding a sub 19-pound full-suspension bike," he added. "All the regular motions required for even simple processes -- like tugging the bars to hop over a log -- have to be re calibrated to avoid hurling the thing up in the air ridiculously.

this is amazing.. amazing ..

Frame is a Large..

Wheelset: DT XRC 1250 (1190g)

Retails 11 000 USD...

And this makes the bike for the strong only...

Cassette: SRAM Red OG-1090 10spd 11-28t (178g

Crankset: FSA K-Force Light MTB 175mm 29-44 w/ ceramic bottom-bracket (703g complete

I would change that back to a 32 or even 34, cause I still use my granny

Would hate to know the price of that under 19pound bike... But Sram red?? Why?

it runs a double chainring and smaller rigs at the back for racing so no need for the extra long cage of a mtb groupset. I'm sure it still has the XO shifters. They will proberbly fit XX to it when it becomes available.

The carbon XC frame retails here for about R30k.

Have seen one built up locally. Sweet !!!

The carbon XC frame retails here for about R30k.

Have seen one built up locally. Sweet !!!

Who has one? though It will be wrong .. Its going to break my heart.

Prices have gone mad.

When I bought my blur LT frame november 2007 It retailed for R14 000 (I payed (R7 500) Action cycles You rock!

The Bicycling buyers guide had the same frame for R18 000 Feb 2008

The buyers guide had my frame (not the new LT) for R25 000 in the Buyers guide this year, thats almost double what It retailed for 2 years ago, and R17 500 MORE then what I payed, That is SCARY STUFF...

So I dont even think 30k is that bad. well, in comparison.

You know things are expensive when 30k isnt bad.

I said that about a complete bike in a shop the other day - now you are saying that for a frame. Eish!

You know things are expensive when 30k isnt bad.

I said that about a complete bike in a shop the other day - now you are saying that for a frame. Eish!

Abso-Fkin-lutely Splat. I meen Can you remember what top of the line carbon FS or HT bikes use to cost 5 years ago? I tell you If it was more than 30k It was  a very very special bike..

I meen The proof is right there (my previous post) that is rediculess!!

again, please excuse me for using myself as example (Its just the only reference I have)

Blur LT-                             R7500

Mavic crossrides-              R1300

RS revelation air U-turn    R3400

thats R12 200

the rest of the part would probably have cost me pff.. say R5000 + 12 200 = R17 200

Thats what the frame only was Retailed at 5 months Later. Ya I know I got the frame for a bargain, but Action cycles would surely not have given me that frame if they were kaking a loss on that frame.
BOS10002009-05-07 03:12:27

In the Tread mag they tested the Spex something. It was the 08 alu version and it was R32 000. For 09 they changed to carbon and the price increased to R52 000. 20k just because it's made from dead dinosaurs, I don't think so.