Should the bridge stay or go  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should the bridge stay or go

• THE BRIDGE CAN STAY SO WE CAN LAFF
    • see ya bridge
    • bridge must be burned
    • the bridge can stay so the weenies dont have to learn how
    • the bridge has GOT to go

Out at Tokai over the weekend and I noticed that the little river crossing on the first trail at Tokai now has a plank bridge across it. I was so disgusted that I had to dismount and vomit in the bushes.

Why oh WHY if people can't learn to ride these crossings do they feel the need to LOWER THE STANDARDS of the trail to their incompetent levels????

Why not just spend an hour or two learning the lines and riding them, get proper momentum etc. and LEARN TO RIDE the trail as is.

I have seen a few roady types out there with their aero helmets and spandex face planting in this river, and now because of this sordid bridge I have lost one of the few good laughing moment potential spots.

Seriously, the bridge has got to go. It stinks. People must learn to ride the trails. Yeah, first time I tried to cross that river from the back I tapped out, but after a few tries it is easy as it gets.

bustthesickness2009-04-17 03:44:03

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so disgusted that I had to dismount and vomit in the bushes.

That's a bit dramatic!

I have seen a few roady types out there with their aero helmets and spandex face planting in this river' date=' and now because of this sordid bridge I have lost one of the few good laughing moment potential spots. [/quote']

Is that all its worth to you? Do you stand there and wait for people to fall?

Difficult to decide on an option...I havent ridden it... although I could always ride down it, used to make it up too but the rockyness of it now make it pretty tough...

It used to be a nice test of strength...and cause of laughter amongst buddies... this was also true for the muddy swamp a bit further down that claimed many clean shoes! buwahahaaa! But now we bypass that bit, with a "fall off going uphill "bit! LOL

That's a bit dramatic!

I have seen a few roady types out there with their aero helmets and spandex face planting in this river' date=' and now because of this sordid bridge I have lost one of the few good laughing moment potential spots. [/quote']

Is that all its worth to you? Do you stand there and wait for people to fall?

Well, actually the BRIDGE is a bit dramatic. It is the true definition of "making a mountain from a molehill"

Yes

stop complaining, a  lot of people are doing a lot of good work to make the trails rideable and add lonegivity to them as more and more people ride them.

the bridge is actually quite cool as you can keep some speed through it thanks to it being 'bermed'......

That's a bit dramatic!

The sickness bust him?

It's called Faerie Garden.

Now, back to the debate. Pretty soon old man Winter is coming to visit. That's okay, but he often brings his friend Storm. This geezer is a killjoy and pisses all over our party. If Tokai was a parade I would say he reigned over it.

This is not good. Sure it's fun and challenging to ride the steep side either way during summer when it's hard like carbon. It becomes soft like a woolly saddle when Storm has had a few too many. This is not good. Believe it or not, you're not the only guy who rides there. Mountain bike wheel and chocolate mousse are hardly ever found in the same sentence. So the bridge is there to prevent the trail becoming the Somme circa July 1917...it's called preventative May internance (even though they do it in March).

hope you got that, and thank the good folks from PPA and AMArider for looking after our trails.

Pot Hole

ps. You're a big tjop. Maybe we should call you shank rather

stop complaining' date=' a  lot of people are doing a lot of good work to make the trails rideable and add lonegivity to them as more and more people ride them.

the bridge is actually quite cool as you can keep some speed through it thanks to it being 'bermed'......
[/quote']

Gee, I do appreciate the ORDER. But no thanks, I'll keep on complaining cos THE TRAIL HAS BEEN WATERED DOWN AND THE TECHNICAL LEVEL HAS BEEN LOWERED TO THE LOWEST DENOMINATOR.

Let me point out that the trail WAS rideable, and the river crossing was never an issue of erosion. Rather, some 'person' thought the section was TOO tuff for them, and instead of getting some mud on their 'bibs' and white Gearne shoes, they had a bridge built. It's a shame to see where this sport has digressed to.

As a point, how many MTBers do/have done any dirt jumping before? I'll bet you not many, and it's technical skills like these that raise the bar.

Keeping some speed through that section was always the idea in any case, especially riding up out of the stream. Skuze the pun, but we really need to be careful of watering down our trails. We should be making them harder, not softening them up for the roadys.

Yip?.I don?t see bridges being put up on the XC course at the Nationals as soon as it starts raining?  Seriously? If you can?t ride it?learn to.

It's called Faerie Garden.

Now' date=' back to the debate. Pretty soon old man Winter is coming to visit. That's okay, but he often brings his friend Storm. This geezer is a killjoy and pisses all over our party. If Tokai was a parade I would say he reigned over it.

This is not good. Sure it's fun and challenging to ride the steep side either way during summer when it's hard like carbon. It becomes soft like a woolly saddle when Storm has had a few too many. This is not good. Believe it or not, you're not the only guy who rides there. Mountain bike wheel and chocolate mousse are hardly ever found in the same sentence. So the bridge is there to prevent the trail becoming the Somme circa July 1917...it's called preventative May internance (even though they do it in March).

hope you got that, and thank the good folks from PPA and AMArider for looking after our trails.

Pot Hole

ps. You're a big tjop. Maybe we should call you shank rather

[/quote']

yeah, thats why the trails are closed after big rains. I rode Tokai most of last winetr. NEVER had a problem getting up the riverside.

Thanks for the awesome description of how you see things. No problems if you leave your helmet at home, they'll still let you ride there ;D

oh and thanks for the very romantic, personal insults there. Calling me a 'tjop'. whhhhooooooooooooo. I'm SOOO insulted, in a really romantic kinda way. I'm off to my doctor for a beefier dose of meds to handle this knock :(

how big a brigde are we talking about? why not build a jump in front of the bridge and clear the whole thing (obstacle) like they did on the dh course at worlds in pmb. then again, not sure what the bridge/river crossing looks like. But agreed, ride the trail as is

Like I said you're not the only one on the mountain. It's the first bit of single track from the parking lot and therefore most likely to be ridden by beginners.

I could say rather go ride the North Shore section, but a better idea is for you to stop complaining and go and help with the work parties in building better trails.

Would you like the contact details?