Willehond's new ride!

Willehond

What did you pay for the frame...........  It is a very very nice bike' date=' may you have many safe kilos on it / her. [/quote']

Frame, fork, seatpost and stem: 1150 Euro Big%20smile

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coenie

The headset freaks me out though. It's got a hole in it! The bloody thing is going to fill up when it rainsConfused

20090421_133159_aDSC02092.JPG

20090422_055708_aDSC02103.jpg

Looking at the website is seems that there is suppose to be a cap on teh headset...check out the pic on the web you will see the cab there.....

Very nice ride....

nice ride WH - enjoy !!!

(maybe you're not supposed to ride such a nice bike in the rain - that's what your RC6000 is forWink

Looking at the website is seems that there is suppose to be a cap on teh headset...check out the pic on the web you will see the cab there.....

Very nice ride....

LOL Mine is fine' date=' I promise!  That's probably a shot of an old model.  I feel I need to loose the headset spacers, but how the heck do I due it.  Slowly I guess...

See, it looks fine:

The hole shot!

20090424_121256_aDSC02205.jpg

20090424_121317_aDSC02156.jpg

Willehond2009-04-26 12:30:21

Sweet ride WH. All the best on those nice flat cycle paths. Enjoy the sunshine while it shines Thumbs%20Up

Sunshine, what sunshine?  Oh, the bit in the photos!  Optical illusion me thinks...

The roads might be flat as pancakes, but the racing is much, much harder.  Throw in some wind, a couple of Belgians, a smattering of Germans and I have still to finish a crit.  Yes, FINISH one, not even in the peloton!

See, that's why I had to get a new bike. Embarrassed

• 2 weeks later...
WH' date=' what gear ratios you used?

You expressed a need for compact couple of months ago?
[/quote']

Yes, I should have gone compact, but my ego got the better of me.  I got a normal 46/53 with a sensible 11-26 at the back.  The 26 helps a lot with the climbing and if I ever venture towards the Ardennes (or the Alps), I might even get a 27 tooth granny!

The sensible thing would have been to get a compact, but it's Holland and it's flat.  Get a compact if you are thinking of going to Belgium or Europe and love your knees.  Unlike SA, the climbs here justify the easier gears.

[/quote']

Yes, I should have gone compact, but my ego got the better of me.  I got a normal 46/53 with a sensible 11-26 at the back.  The 26 helps a lot with the climbing and if I ever venture towards the Ardennes (or the Alps), I might even get a 27 tooth granny!

The sensible thing would have been to get a compact, but it's Holland and it's flat.  Get a compact if you are thinking of going to Belgium or Europe and love your knees.  Unlike SA, the climbs here justify the easier gears.

Same here with the ego Embarrassed, but my 39*23 hurts a bit on this Gallic country roads that go straight over the "bumps" and thinking about alternatives that dont include less GuinessOuch

Willehond what the weight on it complete? Looks frikken awesome!!!

Thanks!  It weighs 6,8kgs on my inacurate scales. 

...oK, ok, I admit if you throw on pedals and cages it's 7,1!  Tongue 

[/quote']

Same here with the ego Embarrassed, but my 39*23 hurts a bit on this Gallic country roads that go straight over the "bumps" and thinking about alternatives that dont include less GuinessOuch

Ooops, I meant 53/39, not 53/46!  I used to have a 39-25 as my best spinning option, but adding just one extra tooth for a 39-26 makes a big difference.  Chuck on a 27 and you don't need a compact!

Seeing that you're older than me you could always go for a trippleWink