Raleigh Chopper Mk2

Bionic man

Keep it stock or modernise the daylights out of it?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it stock or modernise the daylights out of it?

• Keep it stock
    • Feed it steroids
    • Do it with style (Yeah right)
    • Leave it as it is
    • send it to the crusher(not to be taken seriously)

20090506_121039_Old_school_001.jpg

Hi Guys and Gals, not too sure about what to do restoration wise. Am thinking of modernising components (except for the Sturmey Archer gearing), higher seatback, different rims, maybe disc brake on the front(change the fork) or just keep it stock standard and restore as per OE.

Suggestions please, not that I will take them seriouslyLOL. I like the idea of a subtle modern touchEmbarrassed. Mmmmmm, A nice off white and plenty of chrome, white rims with red nipples, red nuts and bolts, white seat with black pin striping etc etcWink

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just told my wife I wanted this. Badly... She was not amused...

KEEP IT ORIGINAL.  Restore it, fix the leather.  Do the Argus.  Well, that's my dream.

KEEP IT ORIGINAL.  Restore it' date=' fix the leather.  Do the Argus.  Well, that's my dream.
[/quote']

Not too sure about 100+kmsDead, 10km enough for me with this oneLOL

I would bling that baby up!! Send it to cycle art and chrome the wheels and bars, recover the seat etc... thats an awesum lil thing

Come on, a bit of TLC, some lube and fresh bakes and Chappies is a breeze!  I know you're up for a challangeWink

Come on' date=' a bit of TLC, some lube and fresh bakes and Chappies is a breeze!  I know you're up for a challangeWink[/quote']

You eating toooo many cookies over thereLOL,thinking of baking. Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

i want one too. Years ago a kid down the road got one and all i had was some dhc or whatever it was. I remember trying to persuede my dad to get me a chopper - alas - no go.

Keep her standard with the exeception of a bit of bling in perhaps a cool gold chain and some bling kcnc skewers. LOL

KEEP IT ORIGINAL.  Restore it' date=' fix the leather.  Do the Argus.  Well, that's my dream.
[/quote']

I agree with everything but the Argus, or sell it to me, I'll restore it to original spec.

This is the first bike I can remember owning.

[/quote']

I agree with everything but the Argus, or sell it to me, I'll restore it to original spec.

This is the first bike I can remember owning.

Almost did the Argus on it this yearConfused.

Not for sale.(Will let you touch it though)Wink

I have pics of me and my Raleigh Mk1, now that's giving my age awayLOL.

I do not want to go down Chappies on that................  If you get a wobble......you are going to hospital