Lightening my bike...

XTC OKE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheels, A2z hubs with DT Revolution spokes and top of the range DT Rim (white), should put you at 1400gr or less for the wheels... I've got a v-brake set except with American C hubs, DT Rev spokes and ZTR 355 rims which weigh 1350gr

stop playing around! train harder and you'll do better! and you'll even lose more weight!

Thing is that you are pi$$ing into the wind. All you need to do is throw cash at it and you can have the lightest bike in the world - but you would have to sell what you have now and start with a new frame?

Have you looked at replacing some of the steel stuff with titanium? Is there any steel stuff on the bike still?

XTC OKE if I am correct you must be about 15 or 16 years old.  Stop dreaming about how you are going to spend your dad's money; rather go and ride your bike more.  It is a very light and nice already.  That is the best way for a youngster to get quicker.  You will enjoy it even more when you win the guys with lighter / more expensive bikes than yours.

Guest Agteros

XTC OKE if I am correct you must be about 15 or 16 years old.  Stop dreaming about how you are going to spend your dad's money; rather go and ride your bike more.  It is a very light and nice already.  That is the best way for a youngster to get quicker.  You will enjoy it even more when you win the guys with lighter / more expensive bikes than yours.

If this is true it really is sad... ike borrowing a fancy car and pretending it is yours, just so you can impress people girls... taking posing to a whole new level

I am 18 and more I paid my bike myself from winning races so dont you get all agro and come tuning me! Angry

Dont stress XTC. This is what younger okes do - it makes life more interesting. It draws old farts like me into the discussion which has lasted 5 pages?

If you want the lightest bike in SA - thats fine. As long as you pay for the bits LOL

Ok so you are the older brother, excuse me.

I paid my bike myself from winning races so dont you get all agro and come tuning me! Angry

That is your story, stick to it. My opinion remains unchanged.  Lighten up.