Raleigh price cuts

wesf

Sorry raleigh NEVER AGAIN !!!

Why not' date=' because you saw another bike like yours costing more or because the bike sucked?

[/quote']

this is an ofside question.

As TNT mentioned - you did not insult anyone first before posing a real question, and then insulting someone (or rather something else).

did someone say troll?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry raleigh NEVER AGAIN !!!

Why not' date=' because you saw another bike like yours costing more or because the bike sucked?

[/quote']

this is an ofside question.

As TNT mentioned - you did not insult anyone first before posing a real question, and then insulting someone (or rather something else).

did someone say troll?

Sorry Slowbee, let me try again:

Insult:

Gobbo, you're an idiot!!!

Pose a question:

Have you compared the 09 Felt prices with 08? 50% more i tell you, i'm not making this up.

Insult something else:

Felt, you're idiots for net selling your bikes at cost!!!!!

Sorry Slowbee' date=' let me try again:
Insult:
Gobbo, you're an idiot!!!
Pose a question:
Have you compared the 09 Felt prices with 08? 50% more i tell you, i'm not making this up.
Insult something else:
Felt, you're idiots for net selling your bikes at cost!!!!!

[/quote']

Well put, expert insult.

just received email from cycle shop with price list on Raleigh's anybody interested??they are wheyyyyy down !? Help.Me.2009-05-13 06:19:36

just received email from cycle shop with price list on Raleigh's anybody interested??they are wheyyyyy down !?

we know, between 17-24%. Was listed here last week.

When looking at buying a new bike this is what I found:

Raleigh RC6000  Alli with carbon forks and rear stays with shimano 105.....+-R20.000

Felt F4 Full carbon ,Shimano Ultegra SL R20.000

NO BRAINER WHICH TO CHOOSE IN MY OPINION

This was towards the end of last year.

When looking at buying a new bike this is what I found:

Raleigh RC6000  Alli with carbon forks and rear stays with shimano 105.....+-R20.000

Felt F4 Full carbon ' date='Shimano Ultegra SL R20.000

NO BRAINER WHICH TO CHOOSE IN MY OPINION

This was towards the end of last year.
[/quote']

Felt f4 is now R27999. Equivalent Raleigh RC7000 is now R23999.

Regarding 9% mark-up: No retailer can operate with such a low mark-up, even Makro does more. It?s most properly a confusion of terms ? it might be, fixed costs + variable costs + an additional 9% margin. Just a thought.

Regarding Recommended Price ? wholesaler / distributor / importers are only allowed to recommend a price. The dealer has the final decision ? the competition tribunal and commission enforces that big time. See car / dairy / SASOL / bread / food / etc industry. Massive fines are dished out.

Regarding Recommended Price ? wholesaler / distributor / importers are only allowed to recommend a price. The dealer has the final decision ? the competition tribunal and commission enforces that big time. See car / dairy / SASOL / bread / food / etc industry. Massive fines are dished out.

[/quote']

Is this true even if the dealer never actually pays for the product up front. As far as i know most distributors are taking the risk by accepting payment for stock only once the bike is sold, effectively giving the dealer a "loan" for the product.

Surely the distributor should have a say in the pricing if its going to affect how quickly they will get a return on their investment.

Aah, consignment stock. You just opened a can of whipp-ass!

Sure shops do have the final say, but ask some shop owners how many have received calls from dealers who threatened to pull their brand from the shop's floor if they continue to sell too far below RRP. Other shops moan and then the dealer jumps.

Aah, consignment stock. You just opened a can of whipp-ass!

Yes with consignment stock there is the real potential of ?leaning-on?. But it goes further ? any loan/credit facility to the shop, could trigger some aspects of the National Credit Act and that puts obligations to the credit provider (distributor etc), such as credit check, affordability assessment, etc, etc.

? it opens a can of worms....
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />