Wild West Road Ride

Guest Agteros

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind want time it is.

Add one more to the list. Managed to convince a friend to ride with us.

Andyr2492009-05-29 03:43:00

Andy- in the south we cannot be without lights, so no prob if its dark for 10/20 mins. In the south, we dont care how we/our rides lookWink, as long as we are visible.

Besides the sun is up at 6:15/20 now, so by end of June prob 6:30.

Unless you are scared that the south group might get lost in the dark when you start at that evil speed.

Well it seems a newer area for the Southern friends and I don't want them to end up further north than they should! Wink 

Yeah, Visas are one thing, passports another and at the price of petrol.. and all that green house gas.Disapprove

Count me in' date='

Anybody prepared to drive a support vehicle?

I am sure I can arrange a FLASHY MERC like the one we used at the HUB RIDE in Midrand last year?
[/quote']

Cruzer, you are counted. A support vehicles is always welcome smiley2.gif

if you organise the FLASHY MERC, everybody will have to make sure their bikes are washed! smiley36.gif

Who is going to drive it??

How about I drive it? Easier than riding.

Er Ox, how about that co-pilot friend of yours?

'k, so I was looking at that map. I see a Crocodile and a bird fauna park.

Do I need to bring a rifle and binoculars?

Guest Agteros
How about I drive it? Easier than riding.

Er Ox' date=' how about that co-pilot friend of yours?

'k, so I was looking at that map. I see a Crocodile and a bird fauna park.

Do I need to bring a rifle and binoculars?
[/quote']

The co-pilot friend has another social engagement that morning starting at 9am...

WW asked about the ride, but has not responded yet.. .maybe she is holding out for driving the Merc? Apparently she enjoyed that the last time round!

Slave we are going cycling... NOT hunting and don't worry the birds won't harm you! smiley2.gif The rhinos and lions are all behind 'lectric fences as well
Agteros2009-05-29 04:44:55

Looks good Agteros! I still want to do a ride some day that includes K-Hill and Hekpoort Hill.

In answer of the question as to why I consider you faulty.

Andy, this just sounds painful and obscene mate, not to mention insane.

I'll let you know after the ride and then comapre it to sweet bush.

Guest Agteros
Looks good Agteros! I still want to do a ride some day that includes K-Hill and Hekpoort Hill.

Andy' date=' this just sounds painful and obscene mate, not to mention insane.

[/quote']

Kdp Hill and Hekpoort should be a real monster ride! We must make a plan!

Although if we do it ia Magaliesburg it will be close to 120km.... OUCH!
Agteros2009-05-29 04:49:05

Slowly, slowly big fella. I want to live to tell the tale, you know. Post a write-up of the ride if that's ok with you. You can keel me afterwards. 'k?

Now hear  this Ox. I would sooner take my chances with Rhinos, hippos, baboons, corcs and other fauna before I take my chances with humans.

The rifle was for the crocodile (which I have discovered is the name of a river and not the animal itself. The binocs ar for a closer look at the birds, or are these the feathered variety? (Yeah, I know they are. All the more reason for a closer peek.) Our fine feathered friends are so pretty.

IMNAAHO, it is the humas that should be locked behind electric fences and the animals should roam free. The animals are less damaging to the environment and are far more trustworthy. They also don't drive cars, wield guns and only hurt you if you threaten them or they are hungry and want to eat you. Humans on the other hand, always have some hidden agenda and would take anyone esle out for no sane or logical reason, including gross stupidity.

But like tha's just my Five Zim dollars worth.

Guest Agteros

Slaveman, I'm sure you'll live to tell the tale. No, you HAVE to live so you can do the write-up! When do you plan to use those binocs? At the top of the hills while waiting for the rest of us? Speaking of hidden agendas.... and binoculars ... and rifles .... mentioning birds.... Think I've found yourssmiley2.gif!!

You found my bird. Which one would that be.

A mocking chat? A red billed wood hoopoo?

No dude, the binocs are for use checking out the birds while I wait for the rest of you okes to get to the top of the hill, although I suspect that Andy will be doing all the waiting.

The rifle was for keeping the crocs at slightly more than arm's length away and maybe for use on a taxi or two and from short range either. The fookers drive a bit too fast, but not faster than 2700 feet per second.

Andy' date=' this just sounds painful and obscene mate, not to mention insane.

[/quote']

Kdp Hill and Hekpoort should be a real monster ride! We must make a plan!

Although if we do it ia Magaliesburg it will be close to 120km.... OUCH!

We must make a plan for that ride sometime!

Slave, I don't know how much waiting I will be doing. Having ridden much lately. But almost back on the bike! I will have to do lots of secret training so you don't have to wait for me.

Guest Agteros

You found my bird. Which one would that be.

A mocking chat? A red billed wood hoopoo?

No dude' date=' the binocs are for use checking out the birds while I wait for ON Wink the rest of you okes to get to AT the top of the hill, although I suspect that Andy will be doing all the waiting.

The rifle was for keeping the crocs at slightly more than arm's length away and maybe for use on a taxi or two and from short range either. The fookers drive a bit too fast, but not faster than 2700 feet per second.
[/quote']

The only feathered birds I've ever seen are LBJs, will be glad if you can show some of the other species out LOL

Slaveman, the west is wild, but I reckon with this route there will be no chance for a big showdown at little creek kind of scenario! The crocs are remembered only due to the river named after them. The taxis are not worse than other places (and we are not going via main taxi routes).

And "nee man" Slave, what is 2700 feet/second in metric? All that imperial nonsense  got banished out of the country 50 years ago!

Oxman, Some old dogs just never learn new tricks. 2700 feet is 2700 feet. Translates to roughly very high muzzle velocity of a high powered rifle, noatbly the FN. I never did learn the metric equivalent.

Now, an R5 on the uvva hand Oxman, is 900 m per second. Just a tad faster than any taxi driver can manage, even in a hiace.

BTW, hiace is an abbreviation for High Impact African Culling Equipment.