Bicycle shop shocker

thehermanator

Lets ask the Hub's "Powers that be" to open an official NAME and SHAME forum...... we can all complain there - they can moderate it and make sure we don't bash the retailers to much......  retailers can go and have a look at the forum and place their official response / reason.....

That's what Hello Peter is for (http://www.hellopeter.com/).

And I know a couple of people that have filed reports of bad customer service on the site and been contacted soon thereafter by the company concerned to apologise and make good - so it seems that this site is monitored by (good) retailers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FPC charged me R500 to rebuild my frame that was replaced under warranty! Shocker is that I only found out it was going to be R500 when I went to collect the bike the day before the race!

I will never bad mouth any LBS. But if you give me good service AND good advise, then I will forever recommend you.

West Rand Cycles will get my first choice!! I?ve tried a couple of LBS in the same area and it?s all just ?the blank stare I got from the technician gave me the impression that the lights were on but Eskom was supplying not enough voltage to sustain it.?

I would highly recommend Eben and the team! (Eben must just invest in a Coffee machine)

Ditto this!!

can't go wrong with Eben Clap....

brilliant service!

[/quote']

If the manager of this establishment ? I guess has NEVER even been on a bicycle his entire life

So I guess that rules out Cyclelab then SmileSmileSmile.

Lol Cajees was my first thought as well. Had my bike serviced there(Major service) big mistake, got it back with the most basic things not done. Chain was shot asked for it to be replaced, wasnt done!!!

Then started looking a bit closer looked like they wiped it with a dirty oil rag and "voila" service completed!!!

R350.00=WASTED!!!

FPC charged me R500 to rebuild my frame that was replaced under warranty! Shocker is that I only found out it was going to be R500 when I went to collect the bike the day before the race!

Surely thats a reasonable charge.Do you have any idea what is involved in building a bike from scratch...apart from removing all the parts from the old frame.Do you think they wave a wand?Or that they are working for a charity???

Surely thats a reasonable charge.Do you have any idea what is involved in building a bike from scratch...apart from removing all the parts from the old frame.Do you think they wave a wand?Or that they are working for a charity???

I think his complaint was that it was under warranty so he shouldn't have had to pay.

I think his complaint was that it was under warranty so he shouldn't have had to pay.

The frame is covered by the warranty

So you have to pay the bike shop for the rebuild after they sold you a *** frame a wellWink

I think that if you buy a complete bike from a retailer and soemthing goes wrong and it is still under warranty then the retailer should be responsible for putting it right. They could have absorbed the labour cost or claimed from the manufacturer.

If I buy a car and the engine packs in and needs replacement under warranty I am certainly not going to pay for the labour to fit the new engine.

If the frame was bought as a separate item then that is a different matter.

Cajees are there only for the sales. They know that no matter how k@k the service is, people will keep coming back for the good prices on the bikes and accessories. Like someone said, parts=Cajees, service=somewhere else. Even better, learn to fix your own bike and save a ton of cash!!!

As for the rebuild costing R500....I think now that FPC and the get-a-long gang have been caught with their fingers in the cookie jar they need to improve their profit margins elsewhere, and seems we are going to be taken to the cleaners in the service bay.

There is no way that a build can take five hours. And even if it did it would mean the labour is R100/hour...almost the same that a QUALIFIED mechanic charges to service a car.....what qualifications does a bike mackie have?????

Please people, wake up and realise that people like this are out rip our balls out through our wallets.

Shops shouldnt only be there for sales that the biggest mistake any retailer can make. I do most of my servicing myself but does not always have the time to do so. As for the "good prices" they only exist after they are demanded, their prices are marked up unbelievable.

So the poor novices get ripped off badly if they do not ask for the discount.

Problem is if their service is bad and you buy a bike with mechanical problems it becomes another bikeshops problem, and sure as hell they are not going to fix it for free, so that bargain becomes an expensive exercise.

They have lost at least R50 000 rands worth of sales from myself this year due to their K@K service!!!