Seeding for races

Speed Devil

I was off the bike for about 1 and a half years and have lost my seeding completely and now need to start building up my seeding again.

How do the organisers apply seeding in races? Do they use only seeding from the superseeding ladder or do they also check for a seeding from other races.

e.g. If I do the Randfontein EPR race or the Fountains Cyle Race which are not on the superseeding list, will they use the seeding from these races for the Lost City race?

For the Lost City race, you will be seeded according to your best seeding achieved according to the Superseeding Ladder.

So Randfontein and/or Fountains will not give you a seeding, only some good training. Wink

I wonder if there's any race you could do now that would be updated on the seeding ladder before the Lost City.

The Jock is July & I doubt that's enough time - the timing companies talk of 4-6 weeks to finalise the results & then there's usually other hitches in the info getting across.

The Carousel, also July (?), took 9 months to get onto the ladder.

Maybe your best bet is to get proof of your times from one of these events & talk to the Lost City folk then.

I had same problem at last years 94.7 and I just sent the race office other results that weren't on the seeding index and they reseeded me. Just do it in advance when the seeding for are released.

according to some occult formula.  However, at most of the big races, at registration, you can appeal for a higher seeding which they will give you for a small fee.  Just have some proof of previous performance or a letter from your club indicating your present strength.

Upgrade your license to racing that way you can start in you age group or move "back" and start with the A bunch. One loop hole in the system that you can use.

That is if you can get a license before the race.

I applied in 2008 December and im still waiting!!