bored girl

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And just as I thought I was passing time...........it ended

ok ok....why did you do a 7 hour ride?

he's a far way off that sub3 he's after?

baby steps I guess..

Sorry, eventually found something to do, but to answer I did the 7 hour ride because I can, only sub three I have not got is the Jock, for obvious reasons I suppose but hey let me try this year LOL!!!

Ok so back to spelling bitching people

Stunning sunshine day here in Cape Town!!!

We can make it a special day on the calendar.....put a little smily face round the number 8 or something.... smiley4.gif Wonder how many of those we can collect til the end of the year....

You have love the hub..... It?s is another reminder of how different people are. Something that almost started as a joke showed some real character.

But...it has only proved, once again, that the hub is a site for moaning. Yeah there's a fair amount of swapping of goods going on but take that away and what's left? I myself like a good moan from time to time as no one can make everyone happy, never ever. If it's not motorists it's littering, if not it is unacceptable pictures and topics. Well I don't care about those but then I don't have to go and make that obvious. I just don't read and don't post on what I find unimportant in my life. And lets just say there's a lot of unimportant things on the hub.

But who knows maybe this topic will change how people look at the stuff they write on this site. Or even correct themselves if they spell helmet wrong again....Or they can feel as defensive as the big guy that just threw out a gel packet and is ready to moer you as you've mentioned how that is so so bad of him.

So some of us will see a the joke when it's meant to be a joke (FanD that broken frame topic, JoeLow and the resprayed Raleigh and Argus entry fee....you guys crack me up), and some will not. Sad really....

Whether you take note and appreciate someone pointing out a mistake (I know I do when I make a mistake....I still can't pronounce certain words properly so I stay away from them and if I do not know what something means I am not shy to ask) or you take cheap shots at someone, you are right no one really cares. We are not in kindergarten but adults living our own lives. If you feel good about the way you spell (in this case) who am I to tell you different.

We are very quick to point out if anything is missing from an advert (specs, pictures bla bla bla) but yet we are ok with bad spelling, when it comes to the thing that it's being sold. And in my eyes if I am going to be selling something to the rest of you, that makes you my client/customer......and if you can't spell something as simple as helmet, how will I know that you won't accidentally swap my account number for instance.... just a thought....

You have love the hub..... It?s is another reminder of how different people are. Something that almost started as a joke showed some real character.

But...it has only proved' date=' once again, that the hub is a site for moaning. Yeah there's a fair amount of swapping of goods going on but take that away and what's left? I myself like a good moan from time to time as no one can make everyone happy, never ever. If it's not motorists it's littering, if not it is unacceptable pictures and topics. Well I don't care about those but then I don't have to go and make that obvious. I just don't read and don't post on what I find unimportant in my life. And lets just say there's a lot of unimportant things on the hub.

But who knows maybe this topic will change how people look at the stuff they write on this site. Or even correct themselves if they spell helmet wrong again....Or they can feel as defensive as the big guy that just threw out a gel packet and is ready to moer you as you've mentioned how that is so so bad of him.

So some of us will see a the joke when it's meant to be a joke (FanD that broken frame topic, JoeLow and the resprayed Raleigh and Argus entry fee....you guys crack me up), and some will not. Sad really....

Whether you take note and appreciate someone pointing out a mistake (I know I do when I make a mistake....I still can't pronounce certain words properly so I stay away from them and if I do not know what something means I am not shy to ask) or you take cheap shots at someone, you are right no one really cares. We are not in kindergarten but adults living our own lives. If you feel good about the way you spell (in this case) who am I to tell you different.

We are very quick to point out if anything is missing from an advert (specs, pictures bla bla bla) but yet we are ok with bad spelling, when it comes to the thing that it's being sold. And in my eyes if I am going to be selling something to the rest of you, that makes you my client/customer......and if you can't spell something as simple as helmet, how will I know that you won't accidentally swap my account number for instance.... just a thought....

[/quote']

A very sensible and well thought out and well expressed post bored-girl. WELL DONE.    Thumbs%20Up

jagwil2009-06-08 10:40:59

A very sensible and well thought out and well expressed post bored-girl. WELL DONE.    Thumbs%20Up

Come on jagwil ... you know there are some grammer mistakes in BG post ... use the RED highlighter!

Nah!! Not tonight. The content was good, so I won't use the red marker this time. Smile 

I am, in any event, still in (temporary) retirement.

I found this elsewhere:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy.. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peple wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
Smile
29pgc102009-06-10 01:08:26

Your expecting a group of people (predominantly men) who wear tight lycra and shave themselves in the aid of going faster to know how to spell properly?!

Thats a long shot! (or is it shoot?!)

Your You're expecting a group of people (predominantly men)' date=' who wear tight lycra and shave themselves in the aid of going faster to know how to spell properly?!

That's a long shot! (or is it shoot?!)
[/quote']

Big%20smile  couldn't help myself Wink
fiasm2009-06-11 01:39:39

• 4 weeks later...