Is it possible to ride too much singletrack?

KevinT

Sitting at the race briefing on Friday night at the Garmin Rooiberg Eco ride

the organiser was telling us how they had cut and linked 60km of singletrack.

I was sitting there and thinking "maybe 10 or 20km of singletrack not 60km."

Come Saturday sure enough 60km of some of the sweetest, steepest, most technical, most rocky, sandy and continuous singletrack I've ever ridden.

I never thought I'd experience it but I was actually glad when it was all over.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no such thing as too much single track. . .  only tired legs that will make you think that way

Also did the ride this weekend and have the emotional scars to show for it. Too much single track?.....nope. Too little training? ....absolutely

Passing was a bit of a problem in the beginning but eventually the field was well spread and had the track to themselves.

Yes. The single track started around 12k's into the race and congestion was a problem the first hour or so. As the race progressed it got better.

Passing was a bit of a problem in the beginning but eventually the field was well spread and had the track to themselves.

Oh my goodness, I cant Imagine being stuck behind people for 60km!

Better start fast then.

Where Is this track exactly, sounds epic to go ride it.

Watch out for eselfontein later this year. Its AWSOME80% singletrack. and Ive never ridden more diverse and sweet singletrack Im my life, And i grew up In knysna!

The trouble with singletrack is its much easyer to ride it with momentum and some speed. but then when you have 60 km of it It takes 30 km of it to wear you out completely!

Nice one, Im going to try get there next year.

Too much singletrack could actually kill me.

Normally, when I hit singletrack I just keep going as fast as I can for as long as I can. The pain in my side and the dots in my vision normally slow me down, but if the singletrack doesn't end I may just literally ride myself to death.

no such thing as too much single track. . .  only tired legs that will make you think that way

Thumbs%20UpClapBig%20smile  Single track all the way.