What can compare to the Mavic SLR's MTB R

I?m looking for a set of MTB wheels. Disc brakes, 6 bolts, UST , 26 . I notice that CWC got a special on the SLR Mavics, for about R8300.

What else is there in that price range that is better or as good? (even a cheaper set)

Jack on** ek hoop POPS het in n gat gery Gister en n wiel afgeskryf omdat ek nie saam genooi word vir rides nie, ** jack off

Stuff the Mavic SLR's. The freehub body at the back seems to be an ongoing problem and they are expensive to maintain.

Option1

Stans rims / Sun Ringle Rims with Hope2 hubs and Dt revolution spokes (both) or competition spokes at the back if you are 85kg plus.

Should be around R4000 from Chainreaction.

Option 2

American Classics 26.

Option 3

Mavic 819 UST with Hope 2 hubs and Dt Swiss spokes (Revolution or Competition depending on weight.

I?m looking for a set of MTB wheels. Disc brakes' date=' 6 bolts, UST , 26 . I notice that CWC got a special on the SLR Mavics, for about R8300.

What else is there in that price range that is better or as good? (even a cheaper set)
[/quote']

I have a set of Crossmax SL.Never a problem,light,free running,and the bonus is Proper 2bliss .. none of that conversion hassle.

Have not cost me a cent in 2 years....although I'm waiting for it at 50 bucks a spoke

I bought my son the Mavic Cross Trail which are slightly heavier but more robust and cheaper.You should be able to pick up a set for 4.5 grand

2nd American Classics!! the new White one's are hot Oom, many a bit to bling for you..Wink - Or have a set build up, Get some ZTR rims from CRC and some DT SWISS revolotion Spokes, pick up some American Classic hubs locally and have it build up, should be under R5k and super light. Marius2009-06-08 08:35:05

American Classics 26. wat prys hulle?

En piesang (maruis) ek het jou sms te laat gekry, het gister 90km lerkker in die modderpad gaan ry, sorry man. Ek mail vir jou 'n ride wat saterdag opkom. En tref jou damm reelings vroegtydig, nie saterdagnag terwyl ek besig is...... om te slaap :-)

R4500 vir die Classics by die dude op die Hub, Hanber of so iets, Doen n search. Don't stress, ek't n ride saam Daikin en Club100 Girls gaan doenEvil%20Smile

Die American Classic 26 kos R 3999.00.Het hulle op special.

I can also recomend the XTR wheelset R 8700.00 per set.2009 model.

But the XT is also avalable at R 4800.00 per set.also tubeless.

Here is a pic of the XTR set.

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/images/big/A0515F93-F1F0-408F-15703E3E32351C38.jpg