What can compare to the Mavic SLR's MTB R

Ek het ZTR met n basiese sapim speek en american classic hubs wat so 1.6 kg weeg vir R 3499.00.

Ek het nog american classic 26 wheelsets oor.Het nog 2 in vooraad.Die wit een. R 3999.00 vir die set.1.5kg vir die stel.

Net een catch.Hulle het uit swart speke gehardloop,toe gebruik hulle een wit speek in elke wiel.hahahaha.SmileSmileSmile

Skree maar as julle nodig het.

I had a set of SLR's and they are bullet proof. I currently have specialized roval controle E5 on my mtb and they are not bad. Think they are about 75grams lighter than the SLR's (if that matters) but i must say they are a bit fragile. For peace of mind go for the SLR's, im def thinking of going back

Look at the Fulcrum Red metal Zero disc wheelset - Just bought my set from CRC - same wheels that Julian Absalon ride. Hubs are so quiet you cant even hear the wheel turning, its extremely stiff and weigh about 1.5kg. Paid R5800 + 14% vat

I did not get the Mavic  SLR's, because of the bearing issues and high maintenance as a result. Its already UST tubeless rims

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26433

These Fulcrum wheels turn heads!!!

20090608_135813_fulcrum.jpg

Konaman2009-06-08 14:05:59

Don't be fooled: there is no such thing as a set of MTB wheels totally free of bearing or freebody problems. No matter which brand or how much you pay, they all need maintenance, end of story.

The older Mavic SL's pre-2007 had a reputation of hubs failing with riders >75 kg. I have seen threads on the 'Net claiming this has been addressed on the new SLR's. All Mavic freebodies need frequent cleaning and re-lubing; a 10 minute job a kid can even do. Bearing replacement, front and back, is also a piece of piss. One comment about the new SLR's: the black paint starts looking a bit tatty; easy enough to touch up with Hammerite gloss.

I have done 3 x Cape Epics on a set of 2005 Mavic SL's.....still 100% mechanically sound, never broken a spoke, still the original freebody. But I maintain them properly... R8300 is a good price for SLR's, no cheaper on ChainReaction. I say go for them....

Hey julle piesangs.

L e e s     n o u    s t a r i g    a s b.

!!! EK SOEK TUBELESS RIMS !!!

Help nie julle gee my specials en ek moet nog 'n R1000 bylas om dit tubeless te kry

titanuim rocket, I got the "2005 Mavic SL's", also did 2 and a 3/4 epics :-), and only replacing the bearings after the last epic , and it cost me +- R250 at Geco. I still got that set but my problem is that, that is the only tubeless rimset I got, and my good and expensive phantoms is on it, these days, I'm a bit lazy to repair punchers, so I'm now riding that instead of training on cheaper tyres.

Hi Spinasie man,LOL

The Mavic 819's is UST rims (Opsie 3) wat ek op bladsy 1 voorgestel het. Dit kos ook nie veel om die American classics tubeless te maak nie, lees Hanber se advertensie. (link ook in my post).