Where do they get your telephone nr?????

FanieFiets

which I'll then phone back...end of story !!Angry

Which will then affect your pocket...

Company phone during the week' date=' -  Which is basicly stealing from your company

free minutes on mobile on weekends. -  Which you already paid for ( your subscription )

[/quote']

no way....I'll only call back if its a friend or someone I know who's been trying to get hold of me....otherwise not a change !! I won't even call back if its my boss Wink

Does'nt change the fact that now it is costing you money... Wink

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which I'll then phone back...end of story !!Angry

Which will then affect your pocket...

Company phone during the week' date=' -  Which is basicly stealing from your company
free minutes on mobile on weekends. -  Which you already paid for ( your subscription )
[/quote']

no way....I'll only call back if its a friend or someone I know who's been trying to get hold of me....otherwise not a change !! I won't even call back if its my boss Wink

Does'nt change the fact that now it is costing you money... Wink

Everything costs money and I don't mind spending a few rand on a phone call for a friend.....Wink 

whenever these people phone me, i just "politely" ask them to remove me from their database. 

i dont receive them anymore.

touch wood.

Please cut them off quickly. I don't careif it is done nice or not. They are trained to deal with this. The sooner you cut them off the less the call costs them and then ultimatly ppl like me that use or want to use thier services.

I'm being contacted at least a couple times a week by people wanting to sell me funeral policies' date=' investment sh*t or cellphone contracts.  WHERE DO THEY GET MY NUMBER and how can a person remove yourself from that list? I do not like to be rude to these people but donner they are really pissing me off. [/quote']

do what I usally do....if I get a call that doesn't have caller ID (name or number) and says "unknown" or "private call"....I IGNORE IT....press the red button....do not answer....if it is important, the caller will leave a message which I'll then phone back...end of story !!Angry

jip, i do the same.

My favorite is the gyms that phone with a free membership for me, the family and the dogs, referred by a close friend of mine. They can never tell me who the friend is and are not amused when I start selling them stuff, beats most sitcoms ito amusement value

There is a way to make them pay.

Go to www.vox.co.za and order a Vox phone. Then give your new 087 number to everybody.

When a call center phones you on the 087 number you get paid 40 cents per minute that the call lasts. Tell them you can't talk now and can they phone you back in 5 minutes. Continue this until they give up trying you, secure in the knowledge that you are getting at least 40 cents everytime they phone you back.

If they phone you on your Telkom landline number ask them to phone you back on your Vox 087 number. That way your contact details will be changed in their database.

I use one myself and it works well. I make calls to Australia 3 times a week and pay only 42 cents per minute.