2yr Old's Kids bikes, what are the options?

STEEL Niner

HI I am looking for a balance bike for my son who is 2 this week. Any other options recommendations other than the blue/silver ones from cape cycles? I have heard the wooden ones do not last in the dry highveld areas. Any other choices out there? Islabikes does a cool one but the postage quote is as much as the bike!

I got my monster the Y-Bike and he loves it. All the kids in our town (2yrs) have got them. I even take him to his creche on it (1km from home).

20090602_110930_DSC02553.JPG

I have got a normal bicycle for him that I took the pedals and chain off, but he is still to short for it.

There's that plastic one' date=' cant remember the name but it looks really sturdy.

[/quote']

Thats the Y-bike. The thing is solid and you can see some SAffer engineer had fun designing that thing. Nice and solid and well designed.

Like the EasiRider's and have now found my little monsters Christmas present. Depending on your kid, at 2yrs the Y-Bike is better, but at > 3 I will go for the EasiRider.

Y-Bike is < R400 and GAME have the best price.

Three good examples there, but what prices are you looking at each for the other two ?

Jackes17542009-06-10 06:42:56

Three good examples there' date=' but what prices are you looking at each ?

[/quote']

Y-Bike ~~ R380 (GAME)

JD-Bug ~~ R800 (Sportsmans local LBS)

EasiRider ~~ R1000

cbrunsdon2009-06-10 06:46:48

Trust me, when his paws can touch the ground you will never see him not on it. My little monster goes everywhere in the house with his LOL

I originally got one of those black bikes (R180) as the turning circle is way smaller as he started to ride on his black bike when he was 15mths. He got his Y-Bike when he turned 2 last month.

Get him a proper bike (Lynskey Titanium)' date=' just like dad should have.

20090610_062957_lynskey_titaniu.jpg
[/quote']

Sjeesh, this is the next step to the dude with his Ferari bike for his kid.... Shocked

Complete Tricycle

$999.00

The JD Bug is brilliant and well worth the money. I paid R650 last year. It will last from age 2 to 5 years. My kids ride them everywhere, even up and down the passage in our house.