Shimano/Campy Freewheel body

Man with no name

Need some technical assistance please! smileys/smiley18.gif

Bought a set of Zipp 404's with a Campy freewheel body on. Need to convert to Shimano 9 speed. What are my options? Can I put a "hybrid" cluster on, or do I need to buy a new Zipp body? Anything else (cheaper options?

Use 9 speed campy gears but with shimano spacers...? Might not work out cheaper though. Those hybrid clusters are around $80 USD last time I looked smileys/smiley5.gif

Hi No-Name

You have got two options:

Take the plunge & convert to Campy

Speak to Cruxpearl for advice.

I suggest the second option.

Regards

KayC

I would say upgrade to campy 10 speed while ur at it.

Contact CWC, he has campag centaur 10 sp full groupset for about 4500 rand

smileys/smiley1.gif

Haha KayC!!

I am already flat after the wheels, can't spend another R 4500 on Campy when you can just spend R 1000 on a Shimano conversionsmileys/smiley7.gif

You can get a Shimano Spaced Cassette that fit's on a Campag Body for about 750 bucks!!! a lot cheaper than going the whole hog to change everything to Shimano.

What Cassette does it have on at the moment?

Buy a new Zipp body, in the long run it'll work out cheaper, Shimano cassettes are pretty cheap compared to the equivalent Campy. And in the future if you really want to upgrade to Campy you have the freewheel body, just remember that the dishing of the wheel will probably need to be adjusted.

Problem sorted. Thanks to my good mate Psycho smileys/smiley32.gif, who happen to have a Shimano body needing a Campy body, we did the swap at Cycletech. Thought it would be easy but even that proved to be a complex matter.

End of the day all worked out and now my wheels are spiffy, with a Shimano body and brand new Shimano cluster - the way its intended to be

Thanks to all for their good advice, if nothing else, that's the biggest advantage of this forum. smileys/smiley17.gif