The "Vent Your Anger" Thread

Thug

Well' date=' back to the post and I actually do have an issue!!.

I spend an enormous amount of time travelling around, and have been a SAA Platinum Voyager member for years.

Yesterday I had to visit a client in Cape Town, so no problem catch the 6am flight down and book the 5pm flight back.

Leave the client in the city centre at 3.40pm, I figure 45 minutes to the airport hand in the hire car - 10 minutes, I am at the departure gate 4.30pm, plenty time.!  

Anyway, road works, ridiculous traffic jams, an accident slowing one lane and atrocious rainy, windy weather grid lock all the roads and I miss my flight by 10 minutes.

Okay no problem, go to the ticket booth and ask for a change to the 6pm flight.

Sorry sir, you must pay in R1300.00.

I ask why, you just book me on another flight.?

No Sir, its a new policy, you must phone the SAA client services tomorrow and ask for a voucher for the missed flight and you can use it anytime in the next three months, but you must pay for a NEW return ticket now.!!!

Now, all I can say is, its no wonder this operator needs a government bail out every year, the policies are backward, and the staff are uninterested, unhelpfull and are plainly just there to collect a salary.

If this is the way they treat their "Platinum" members, its no wonder the average traveller uses one of the independant airlines.

So I said thanks, but no thanks, walked over to "the green airline",  and bought a ticket for R800.00, and, we in fact, left 10 minutes before the SAA flight anyway.

Now, I must spend "my time unnecessarily"getting my refund voucher.!!

Just plain infuriating.!

Okay, gotta go phone SAA.!

[/quote']

i see saa has renewed it call for the airline to be privatised, so we don't carry on with the burden!

Yah, I know HR, but I cant see any private company wanting that mess.

For me the issue is the "attitude" of the staff. They just sit there looking like they hate their jobs with this "I dont give a stuff about the customer" attitude.

Not once did the staffer say, "let me see how else I can help", let me call a supervisor to escalate this issue" nothing, they have no people skills, no intention of getting any and just look at you as if you are something the cat dragged in.

Now that I am suitably irritated again, its a good time to try calling them again, - I tried about 30 minutes back but got sick of listening to their irritating version of the national anthem and a recorded voice telling me my call is important.!

agreed?only ever flown with them once?never again!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By flying SAA, you are paying for your ticket twice. Once in the form of income tax and once in the form of the ticket. So, if they can get you to pay a third time, they might just break even!

johannrissik2009-08-05 01:27:39

Porky, this is why Call Centres have such a bad reputation. Buying the technology and employing the staff is a start to having a call centre. Getting the company ethos to a level where you actually care about the customer (instead of lip service) is another expensive ongoing exercise.

I am in the industry - herewith my vent.
Gasping2009-08-05 01:32:11

I am angry at people that put birds in cages. Angry

I also support Women's Rights.

Nah, a woman in a cage is alright.

So does a BraLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Nah' date=' a woman in a cage is alright.
[/quote']

Yeah, the type that's dancing in a bikini at a rave or something

Why cant people invent something that stops water from running down your legs into your shoes?

?

We sent a monkey into space' date=' why is this so hard?
[/quote']

Maybe we sent the only intelligent thing we had into space - ever think about that? Actually he probably went willingly to get away - free ride as it were!

Phark, Telkom has pissed me off today !! Angry

The phuckers have gone on strike and it wouldn't surprise me if some thugs decided to make a couple of alterations to a couple of cables that resulted in no ADSL line for the better part of the day.

Hope its fixed by tomorrow morning !!

Had a good day at the shooting range today.....  got to play with a Russian 23mm Anti Aircraft gun....... sorry wrong forum

Had a good day at the shooting range today.....  got to play with a Russian 23mm Anti Aircraft gun....... sorry wrong forum

If only you were closer then you could take The Thug out to vent some more of his spleen with that Rusky Ack-Ack?

Thug, Helkom fixed you uo yet?

If only you were closer then you could take The Thug out to vent some more of his spleen with that Rusky Ack-Ack?

Thug' date=' Helkom fixed you uo yet?
[/quote']

Gasping

It was a feeling that only can be described as orgasmicEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed,  you will not know the feeling till you feel the weapon shudder under you as you depress the firing pedal. 

Made my dayClapClapClapClapClapClap

Thug' date=' Helkom fixed you uo yet?
[/quote']

yebo yes, walked in this morning & everything was up and running.

Not a vent of anger, but a vent of YAHOO!!.. me bike came back from hospital today!.. after almost 3 weeks

Not a vent of anger' date=' but a vent of YAHOO!!.. me bike came back from hospital today!.. after almost 3 weeks[/quote']

I never use Yahoo. And now I find out that they take 3 weeks to fix a bike?

Google for me, every time.smiley2.gif

Not a vent of anger' date=' but a vent of YAHOO!!.. me bike came back from hospital today!.. after almost 3 weeks[/quote']

I never use Yahoo. And now I find out that they take 3 weeks to fix a bike?

Google for me, every time.smiley2.gif

Yeah google is king, you know what I mean LOL, took almost 3 weeks cos firstly they sent the wrong part, then the right part got sent but lost in the post, so eventually came right this morning Big%20smile