Bike Medicine

Bike Medicine

A lot of people claim to have built a better "mousetrap" - few actually do.!

Now dont get me wrong, I dont know the product,have never used it and for all I know may be the next best thing to the moon shuttle - but before I go out and spend my cash on this product you will need to tell me a lot more, a pic of a clean cluster aint gonna cut it.

I assume you have a vested interest in promoting the product here for free, so perhaps, instead of posting pics that mean little, you could inform us a bit on what ingredient is in the degreaser that the worlds biggest names in degreasers - Wynns, Spanjaard etc dont have in theirs, what makes this one differant (and better).

What are the concentrations of this ingredients in this product.?

What product is in the chain lubricant that the others dont have, 400 miles plus between applications, hmmm......... thats a big number - wheres the proof!

Is it enviromentally friendly (green) or will my radish plants start growing blue tops if the water run off reaches them.?

Besides yourself, are there any other unbiased and verifiable referances.

You see Bike Medicine, I have an issue with this kind of "ambush marketing" - on the weekend a very attractive young lass cornered me in the mall parking lot, she was selling a new miracle car engine degreaser, showed me a really messy engine componant, sprayed it with this product a quick wipe and of course the part was sparkling.............now we all know this kind of sales pitch, its hogwash, the product is sprayed with a varnish first, the oil never has time to bake on etc, etc, but a lot of folk fall for it, buy the goods and regret it at leisure.

Of course, I am differant, a real tough nut, and naturally, I told her she was far to attractive and intelligent to be selling this con, but she flashed a coy smile, and, as I am an absolute push over for attractive, intelligent woman, I ended up buying the thing, which, was of course, completely useless,...... but to my credit, I really didnt have any greater expectations.

You see my point??

Now, maybe if you got an attractive intelligent young woman to go sell this in the mall parking.....................!!

Naa, been there done that.! Big%20smile

porky2009-06-29 10:07:50

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a picture of the lube in action in Scotland.

20090629_094448_Scotland_mud_te.jpg

looks like my bike after hill2hill last year, except you can see the tires in this picture

A lot of people claim to have built a better "mousetrap" - few actually do.!

Now dont get me wrong' date=' I dont know the product,have never used it and for all I know may be the next best thing to the moon shuttle - but before I go out and spend my cash on this product you will need to tell me a lot more, a pic of a clean cluster aint gonna cut it.

I assume you have a vested interest in promoting the product here for free, so perhaps, instead of posting pics that mean little, you could inform us a bit on what ingredient is in the degreaser that the worlds biggest names in degreasers - Wynns, Spanjaard etc dont have in theirs, what makes this one differant (and better).

What are the concentrations of this ingredients in this product.?

What product is in the chain lubricant that the others dont have, 400 miles plus between applications, hmmm......... thats a big number - wheres the proof!

Is it enviromentally friendly (green) or will my radish plants start growing blue tops if the water run off reaches them.?

Besides yourself, are there any other unbiased and verifiable referances.

You see Bike Medicine, I have an issue with this kind of "ambush marketing" - on the weekend a very attractive young lass cornered me in the mall parking lot, she was selling a new miracle car engine degreaser, showed me a really messy engine componant, sprayed it with this product a quick wipe and of course the part was sparkling.............now we all know this kind of sales pitch, its hogwash, the product is sprayed with a varnish first, the oil never has time to bake on etc, etc, but a lot of folk fall for it, buy the goods and regret it at leisure.

Of course, I am differant, a real tough nut, and naturally, I told her she was far to attractive and intelligent to be selling this con, but she flashed a coy smile, and, as I am an absolute push over for attractive, intelligent woman, I ended up buying the thing, which, was of course, completely useless,...... but to my credit, I really didnt have any greater expectations.

You see my point??

Now, maybe if you got an attractive intelligent young woman to go sell this in the mall parking.....................!!

Naa, been there done that.! Big%20smile

[/quote']

Dear Mr Porky

As the hub's consumer protection advocate Supremo, your conduct is unacceptable. You can't come here and tell us that you bought a *** product from a pretty girl just cos she was a pretty girl. We rely on your good judgment. You have a reputation!!

You must make amends.

PS: Where was Mrs Porky in all this?

We are more than happy to provide you with any info you want, not really sure what you mean with ambush marketing, more of Gorilla myself, a lady Gorilla so i might just see you at the mall this weekend, thanks for the tip on how to market the product.

Naa, been there done that.! Smile

The Degreaser is Non-poisonous and biodegradable, with secret stuff inside.

Golden Degreaser is formulated to instantly combine with water for a rapid wash off with no residue.

Purple Extreme biodegrades to leave only small quantities of Calcium Carbonate and Calcium Sulfate, both of which are naturally occurring, pure minerals.

Purple Extreme is a unique, thixotrophic lubricant blended with a solvent carrier.

The solvent in Purple Extreme will dissolve other lubricants and cause them to move to the surface of your chain and cogs.

The dare-to-compare live demonstrations using a Timken machine have consistently and conclusively proven Purple Extreme's ability to keep metal surfaces separated. Purple Extreme has a Timken OK load in excess of 90. No other bicycle chain lubricant has ever exhibited film strength even remotely close to Purple Extreme.

visit http://www.purpleextreme.com/rave.html for more reviews and testimonials.....

Bike Medicine2009-06-29 10:41:42

Dear Mr Porky

As the hub's consumer protection advocate Supremo' date=' your conduct is unacceptable. You can't come here and tell us that you bought a *** product from a pretty girl just cos she was a pretty girl. We rely on your good judgment. You have a reputation!!

You must make amends.

PS: Where was Mrs Porky in all this?
[/quote']

What can I say Harryn, I was weak.!

Good thing Mrs Porky had already taken my Credit Card and gone indoors.Big%20smile

Where is it available from?

Looks good, and I'm about to renew my drive train so it couldn't be a better time to test it.

Let me know where in the world you are and I will advise on the best location for you buy the products.....check your PM.

If you must use a degreaser, Prepsol, direct from Allijam in Polly Street Jhb, R260.00 for 25 lt. These degreasers eat the seals on bikes. Ask me how I know!Ouch

Plentipotential are you referring to prepsol that destroys your seals?

As for purple extreme, i have used it before (got samples at interbike 2003) and it works very well and is nice and thin, not caking on the chain. If you like the thin, quite, long lasting and clean type lubes give it a go, it really works well in wet/muddy conditions. Ran out of samples a while ago and am glad to see it around!!!!

Prepsol is good stuff, just a bit thick and does not penetrate the chain links all that well. When diluted it penetrates the links but then does not work as well, you need to use more Prepsol for a inferior result and with more time spent cleaning than necessary, this is maybe why we need 25 lt? 8ml of Degreaser cleans in about 60 seconds better than enything else on the market.

Bike Medicine2009-06-30 02:12:12

Well, as in an earlier post today, I ordered some of this new lube. Mrs Bike Medicine promptly answered and my goodies will be here tomorrow morning!! Well lets see if it works as well as advertised and as all the reviews say. smiley1.gif smiley1.gif

Will keep u posted.