WE Cycles - Liquidated

wheels

I went to WE cycles during lunch and bumpted into the liquidators busy takimg stock. So it seems final now. Sorry Willie . Wishing you best of luck.

Its a bummer, don't know the guy so not going to flame the poor sod. Sad to see business's going under and it seems that its only starting.

Not nice to hear :-(

Same thing happened to Coimbra here in PE.

Wow, got my first bike from them back in 70's. that place was an institution in PE

I heard people had their bikes in for services when it happened. Any news on whether they got their bikes or did the liquidators take them?

I heard people had their bikes in for services when it happened. Any news on whether they got their bikes or did the liquidators take them?

Bummer, thats a messy one when it happens. Remember it happened to an IT store many years back - poor customers had to give proof it was their goods and took for ever to get it back.

Comes down to how well WE documented their service inventory and how well they work with the liquidators.

So it seams contarary to some reports in the cycling media that the recesion has effected demand. Or is this only the importers sales going constant as they have same demand but for lower value bikes?

It would be ineteresting to know why. Decreased demand or costs that are to high for the avaerage cyclist so they cant afford it anymore. The whole upper end bike thing seams weird.