Supplements/Immune Booster

Cycle Fan

Anyone got any suggestions on supplements/immune boosters that actually work? I'm embarking on a training programme and can't afford to get sick every second week coz my immune system is run down...

Thanks in advance for the adviceBig%20smile

Fine Pharmaceuticals make a product called 24/12. That's an every day immune booster, then when I'm getting close to a big event a REALLY cant afford to get sick I use their "Anti-Viral and Flu formula" one.

These work very well.

I use Gnld's Vit B sustained release, Carrotenoids ( VitC/E Blend ) , Tre-en-en and Vit C Sustained release - Have not been sick for 1 day this year.

I use Gnld's Vit B sustained release' date=' Carrotenoids ( VitC/E Blend ) , Tre-en-en and Vit C Sustained release - Have not been sick for 1 day this year.

[/quote']

Thanks for all the advice. Marius, what do these supplements cost?

How much Vit C should you take per day? 1000mg?

1000mg is a "mega" dose. I think with Vit C and Carotenoids I'm getting close to that in per day. The Carotenoids on it's own is also really good:

http://www.amazing-health-products.com/images/carotenoid-power.gif

One moths supply is only R120.00 for the Carotenoids

The Vit C info:

http://www.vitamins-online.co.za/images/stories/vol/vit_c_100.gif

100tabs for R152

Ja, lots of Vit C and B, just my 2c, and there's also some very good multi-vitamins out there

There is a new Breakfast Cereal out called Future Life.

It contains Moducare- good imune booster + it is low GI and is suitable for diabetics. in a green satchet/packet.

Mixes with water and tastes pretty good.

• 2 months later...

Anyone got any suggestions on supplements/immune boosters that actually work? I'm embarking on a training programme and can't afford to get sick every second week coz my immune system is run down...

Thanks in advance for the adviceBig%20smile

L-Glutamine will help build your immune system. Just make sure it is a decent quality Glutamine

The mind is a strong thing. The more you pay for meds, the more you believe them to work. The more you believe them to work, the more effect you have from them. This is called the placebo effect. 

I'm old school. Berocca calcium once daily.

Guest Agteros

Moducare as an immune booster. Definitley works!

Yep, been using this (Not even the recommended dosage) through the winter, and did not get sick!

Every time it felt like something is brewing I chewed the chewable Vit C tablets till I could not take it any more (it becomes too sour) - this happens at about the 3rd tablet. Did this twice a day when I started to feel 'iffy'

Worked like a charm... Also do no share a heater with other people! (not a problem in summer though)

I take that centruim multivitamin and glutimine. 

Yes the mind is strong, but with todays lifestlye/stress and and eating habits, we have to also add supplements to our diet.

I deal with sick people daily, and is not convinced that these vitamins and boosters do work.

Eat your salads,fruit and veggies; sleep enough; get exercise; live healthy - avoid coffee,tea (only rooibos allowed), coke, to much fatty foods or any unhealthy food or to much of it. etc etc

Just about everybody got flu in the last 2 months, and most of those people are taking plenty of "tablets" to stay healthy.