Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What or who is the contact for the Think Bike marshalls again? I joined a tri training group for 70.3 and had our orientation last night. There's 49 people in the group, so was thinking it would be good to have additional presence especially as it seems there are quite a few beginner cyclists.

That'll warm me up

Mont Ventoux Quick Facts

Distance : 21 km

Summitt : 1912 m

Start Altitude (Bedoin) : 290m

Vertical Ascent : 1610 m

Average gradient : 7.5 %

Maximum gradient : 12.0 %

post-523-0-13538100-1375422502_thumb.jpg

http://cyclingtips.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/b341474aec8511e2ae7f22000ae912b7_7.jpg

The Trollstigen which translated to English refers to Trolls’ Ladder is a mountain road in Rauma, Norway. It has an an incline of 9% with eleven hairpin bends. The image is a combination of about 6 images stitched together in order to capture the entire climb.

post-12015-0-71045900-1375811580_thumb.jpg

hhhmmmm....that should get my heart rate above 100 for a change :whistling:

hahahaha...just kidding

after the weekends bit of climbing (black hill...both sides /chappies...both sides /suikerbossie...etc)....ive realised just how unfit i am.....thats probably the first time ive ever dropped under 20-odd on any of those hills (not to mention the fact the the hout bay developement riders gave me a good hiding :blush: up chappies....aaahh , the joys of youth)

Damn you youths!!!....and damn you winter!!!

Need more saddle time

Archived