Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

I think a lot of our guys are switching over to mtb for the next few months but there will be a few of us who will continue to ride on saturday mornings i will keep you posted.

Let me know as well as I am keen to join

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are getting together on saturday morning at first light (6:15 to 6:30) at the Graanendal robots on wellington road, from there we ride to malmesbury and then on to stellies, a couple of guys are doing 6 hours in the saddle so you peel off anytime or do the 6 hours training for your iron man.

Welcome Geno hope you enjoyed the ride, we rode about 110 to 120k's depending on where you started your laptops smiley36.gif (computers)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/udx-bmx/20032010.jpg

The guys are riding again tomorrow (monday) morning being a holiday.

They leave from the mugg and bean in durbanville at 6am, prepare yourself for about 100k's

Alternate ride if anybody wants a slightly shorter ride.

Depart corner Durban and Old Oak at 7 am to ride via Kuilsriver into Stellies, up Helz and then back via Bottelary road. Approx 80km, expect to take approx 3 hours.

James

Any pelotons covering the tarmac out there on Saturday morning?

Looking for one...

smiley29.gif

Geno, hope you find somebody to ride with. Must still give my nether regions time to recover. Not riding next weekend either, going away.

Yah, we'll hook up soon in the Saturday morning peloton, A!

Recover well. Patience, patience...

Me run Two Oceans Half Marathon next week - so, will be off the iron horse into my Asics shoes.

I am hoping udxcob will send out a note about tomorrow morning.

Could be a wet one - "cloudy with showers" predicted.

smiley9.gif

Sorry guys i am out with the flu, our dc team is having a meeting tonight so i will post at about 10pm what they will be doing tomorrow.

The guys are riding on friday morning (being good friday it should be a good ride) 6:30 from graanendal robots on wellington road, goint out the silos then on to stellenbosch and up hels and then back again.

The guys are riding on friday morning (being good friday it should be a good ride) 6:30 from graanendal robots on wellington road' date=' goint out the silos then on to stellenbosch and up hels and then back again. [/quote']

Would love to have been with you on the Good Friday ride.

Running the Two Oceans Half on Saturday with my partner.

So, legs up.

Have a great ride - the weather is stunning!

See you on the next one.

smiley9.gif

I think we will do a monday ride aswell' date=' good luck with the running.[/quote']

I will look out for a local peloton on Sunday and/or Monday.

Yebo,luck is what is needed for the undertrained legs of mine.

smiley4.gif

The guys are riding on friday morning (being good friday it should be a good ride) 6:30 from graanendal robots on wellington road' date=' goint out the silos then on to stellenbosch and up hels and then back again. [/quote']

Udxcob,

Is the Graanendal robots by the Caltex on Wellington Road???  How many k's will the ride be +-?

No Marius ride further down the road, through a second set of robots then at the third set of robots is the graanendal pick n pay on your right and Durmonte on your left, i would imagine its about a 100k's.

Archived