No circus jokes please, we are Unicyclists

JohnnyReggae

Ja I saw you riding I'am the oak on the scott the brown/gold bike was wearing a full face. Ja I could do with a lift to I'd be able to get atleast 2 more runs in! I didn't do vysbyt today.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja I saw you riding I'am the oak on the scott the brown/gold bike was wearing a full face. Ja I could do with a lift to I'd be able to get atleast 2 more runs in! I didn't do vysbyt today.

Cool. Will keep an eye out for you next time Smile

where you riding last week wednesday? did I speak to you about wheel sizes and the different types of uni's?

where you riding last week wednesday? did I speak to you about wheel sizes and the different types of uni's?

Yup, that was me Smile

What is Unicycling?? Ermm

It's like mountain biking, just without the training wheel! LOL

I wish I could claim ownership of that one, but it was actually Alan that nailed me with it. One Sunday on a Trials ride, when I was giving him crap about riding a circus bike, he told me to get rid of my training wheel. LOL

you guys kick @ss.

1. Wish i could balance like that on 1 wheel - Does a 150m wheelie count ?

2. dunno who it was at sabie classic earleir in the year' date=' but he whooped my @ss. Dunno how though cause i was much faster on the downhills, like much faster, yet on the uphills there he was passing me again. eish Stern%20Smile
[/quote']
150m wheelie is pretty good..... just not quite there yet though Smile

That was probably Ruan who passed you on the Sabie, who is on TheHub.... UniRuanCycle, The guy is amazing, and will attempt anything. Watching him take 6 foot drops with no thought of how it may end is quite inspirational in Uni terms. There were 2 guys who did the Sabie, Ruan and Alan who owns and runs www.unicycle.co.za the only place in the country where you can get decent Unicycles without importing them yourself at a considerable higher cost.

btw... the unicycle.co.za front page has an image of Ruan riding along a log

partied up a storm with those boys in pmb in may?got way, way outta hand?LOL

I almost forgot about it. Nice to see it finally published. I thought it really captured the spirit of what we do, and why we do it. And the photos were cool as well. Thanks for tagging along with us Steve!

you guys kick @ss.

1. Wish i could balance like that on 1 wheel - Does a 150m wheelie count ?

2. dunno who it was at sabie classic earleir in the year' date=' but he whooped my @ss. Dunno how though cause i was much faster on the downhills, like much faster, yet on the uphills there he was passing me again. eish Stern%20Smile
[/quote']
150m wheelie is pretty good..... just not quite there yet though Smile

That was probably Ruan who passed you on the Sabie, who is on TheHub.... UniRuanCycle, The guy is amazing, and will attempt anything. Watching him take 6 foot drops with no thought of how it may end is quite inspirational in Uni terms. There were 2 guys who did the Sabie, Ruan and Alan who owns and runs www.unicycle.co.za the only place in the country where you can get decent Unicycles without importing them yourself at a considerable higher cost.

btw... the unicycle.co.za front page has an image of Ruan riding along a log

partied up a storm with those boys in pmb in may?got way, way outta hand?LOL

here they are?

20090807_033017_sleepy_hollow.jpg

Just want to know what sort of gear ratio one can get on these.  Wink

Well ... normally 1:1 Smile

But with the Schlumpf geared hub you get 2 gears.

a. 1:1

b. 1:1.5

So a 24"  wheel could cover the same distance as a 36" with a single pedal stroke. They were used very effectively by the winning German team in Ride The Lobster (800km's over 5 days) in Canada last year. They used geared 36" Unicycles and averaged speeds of around 25km/h, but managed to get top speeds of over 35km/h Wink

JohnnyReggae2009-08-07 05:29:13

Just want to know what sort of gear ratio one can get on these.  Wink

Well ... normally 1:1 Smile

But with the Schlumpf geared hub you get 2 gears.

a. 1:1

b. 1:1.5

So a 24"  wheel could cover the same distance as a 36" with a single pedal stroke. They were used very effectively by the winning German team in Ride The Lobster (800km's over 5 days) in Canada last year. They used geared 36" Unicycles and averaged speeds of around 25km/h' date=' but managed to get top speeds of over 35km/h Wink

[/quote']

Arne Tilgen (Team "Germen Speedsters") managed to hit a top speed of 44km/h on one of the downhills. scary, scary scary...