Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! What can I expect to pay for a Colnago Master frame? I would like to restore one and keep as I have a bunch of old 70's and 80's Campag group set pieces lying about. My present ride is a Dream Lux. Finishing a Vitus SS project at the moment and then have another Vitus with old Simano 600 group set to restore and sell first. Ideally looking for a 52 cm c-t frame with chrome fork.

Hi guys! What can I expect to pay for a Colnago Master frame? I would like to restore one and keep as I have a bunch of old 70's and 80's Campag group set pieces lying about. My present ride is a Dream Lux. Finishing a Vitus SS project at the moment and then have another Vitus with old Simano 600 group set to restore and sell first. Ideally looking for a 52 cm c-t frame with chrome fork.

Be careful saying stuff like that here, you'll get mobbed! ;)

One day I will have to do a clean out but always keep "the bits" for later. Just found old 600 pedals with toe clips still in very nice condition but can't remember what I did with the original straps?

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't there some pages missing from this thread, or is there another similar one?????

Advice please, from those of you with more artistic genes (doesn't take many) than me.

Just finishing off this early Battaglin, factory says between 1981 and '86. I've fitted Dura Ace 7400, from late '80s. It's been sort of chromed, not a shiny chrome, like the forks, but a matt chrome. The decals are a sort of red/maroon and I've added some red detailing to the frame and I've done a sort of black outline to the lugs. See the pics.

I quite like it. BUT...... what colour bar tape??

I was thinking of doing a beige leather, but my taste is k..k, just ask the women (who were) in my life!!!

So, your help, please. WHAT COLOUR TAPE OR LEATHER???

Maybe I should change the saddle???

post-25781-0-44832300-1381505075_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-86156100-1381505087_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-35576800-1381505103_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-86972900-1381505115_thumb.jpg

Edited by heyyou

Aren't there some pages missing from this thread, or is there another similar one?????

Advice please, from those of you with more artistic genes (doesn't take many) than me.

Just finishing off this early Battaglin, factory says between 1981 and '86. I've fitted Dura Ace 7400, from late '80s. It's been sort of chromed, not a shiny chrome, like the forks, but a matt chrome. The decals are a sort of red/maroon and I've added some red detailing to the frame and I've done a sort of black outline to the lugs. See the pics.

I was thinking of doing a beige leather, but my taste is k..k, just ask the women (who were) in my life!!!

Thanks to the white pedals, you now have license to go a number of ways (but in my opinion, one of those ways would include choosing a different colour saddle), but the bar tape and saddle need to match.

TVTs are legendary frames. I remember team "Z" (LeMond era) riding them and I would salavate everytime I saw one.

http://www.campyonly.com/images/retrobikes/2005/VELO_TVT_LEMOND_Z_16.JPG

After Lemond's win in TdF I had my Alpina resprayed in same colour's. Ja, ja, I was such a fanboy. That final TT on Champs was nail boting watching the Fignon lose more and more time. I can still replay that scenario in my head.

Try and soure some brown or tan leather tape and have saddle recovered in same colour.

After Lemond's win in TdF I had my Alpina resprayed in same colour's. Ja, ja, I was such a fanboy. That final TT on Champs was nail boting watching the Fignon lose more and more time. I can still replay that scenario in my head.

Was looking at a TVT on eBay last night, drooling. Wishing I had £350 and a way to get it here!!!!

But, yeah, I like the saddle, but I think the yellow will go better with something else and cream or tan/beige might be better on the Battaglin.

Amazing how helpful the factory is though, compared to MOST others!!!

I like the black, but I think a tan/beige saddle and bar tape might go better with the red detailing.

I agree, tan or brown leather bar tape would go well with the bike. Also, change the yellow seat for a brown leather on such as a Brooks. The yellow saddle will go with your new OLMO.

You will also need to change tyres. Gator skins or any of the Continental brown walled tyres would complete the look.

My Super frame, serial No: 1L622, I think it's about 1985/6. It came with Dura Ace 7400 8spd SIS, which came out in 88 I believe.

Anyway, I'm changing it to C Record and I put the DA on the Battaglin.

post-25781-0-59930300-1381649923_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-39419800-1381649948_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-91133900-1381649959_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-57775800-1381649979_thumb.jpg