Silk serviettes and cling wrap shorts

Do you think thats a chorus HS?

(I'm getting a warm feeling here)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having you on dude, I think in those days they put the same headset in two different boxes.

(except for the line all the way around)

Waynedude and Heartcoppi, you both have just too many nice parts lying around - this annoys me intensely, and I think you should both assuage my anger by passing them this way.

I'm pissed off today: a truck klapped my rear Vento last night and it's got a bit of a wobble now. I'll have to see whether it can be repaired tomorrow. Aaaaaaaaaargh! Anyway, at least he didn't klap me!

I used to have an Alan. I bought in '82. Had Campy Super Record all cut out etc. Sat in my garage for years after byuing a new Bianchi. Eventually donated it to cycling development 2 years ago. Sometimes wish I hadn't. Also wonder what happened to it.

<DIV></DIV>

I have a good idea how you feel gtr1 - my 1988 Bianchi was donated, somewhat against my will, at gunpoint in Feb last year. I miss that bike terribly although I have many others - built it up on student money and did 60k Km on it until that dreadful day. The closest I have now is a Bridgestone RB1 I bought in 1990. She still does a good job though, but nothing quite like my old celeste dream bike

Hi Guys

Great thread! I have recently began riding again after a 14 year absence! I am still riding my vintage Celeste green Bianchi with Columbus TSX tubing and EL forks! In my opinion - she still rocks and I would not get rid of her for the world! I have however upgraded components - put a Fizik Arione saddle on, new Time pedals, changed STI's as mine were shot after mny years of use. I will try and post some pics! Watch this space.

Cheers

Arthur

Hey Trakk, welcome and welcome back. Look forward to seeing your Bianchi.

Remember anything with the word:

<pause to reference the correct spelling>

Campagnolo

is inferior and should immediately be sent to me for disposal

Looking at the campa c deltas.....i removed a set of those from a merckx about 11 years ago for a customer.Bet he still has them in a box.

Note to Self. Call him Monday.

Hey Trakk, welcome and welcome back. Look forward to seeing your Bianchi.

Remember anything with the word:

<pause to reference the correct spelling>

Campagnolo

is inferior and should immediately be sent to me for disposal

Hey HC! Thanks for the Greetz! Being checking out all the retro bikes on this thread! Definate drool material! Back in the day, I also had me a pair of Shamals. I wonder what happened to them? My ex missus must of sold 'em! Wonder where i can get another set from?

Arthur

Hey HC! Thanks for the Greetz! Being checking out all the retro bikes on this thread! Definate drool material! Back in the day, I also had me a pair of Shamals. I wonder what happened to them? My ex missus must of sold 'em! Wonder where i can get another set from?

Arthur

I think I know of a set in Kleinmond that are not being used,PM me on Monday and I will call the owner .

So, I was out riding today, caught some guy who was riding back to Apple Orchards from Alberton. He "had not been on a bike in ages and was resting" when I pulled up to check that he was ok. He was riding a Fausto Coppi, and sparky here didn't get a pic to post, or ask him about the bike, dude's riding gear was a little retro too...

LeTurbo, I think you will appreciate this pic:

post-7990-002947200 1281717992.jpg

Thanks HeartCoppi! Added to my reference collection!