Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

From what I understand the chroming is cheap.

It is the labour of prep work and polishing that is expensive to do.

And trust me there is a lot of polishing in chroming.

Always discuss what type of finish you are expecting

because you get cheap furniture chroming and a master piece

and the difference is the polishing.

Edited by didi

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

I'm planning chroming only the stays and the fork. Annette will probably paint the balance. Nic(colnago chap) only had good things to say about her work.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Tragedy! My vehicle has just been Burgled and the crate with the campy components for my pina build has been relocated along with bike rack, Radio, speakers and other nick knacks. Police believe it was a small perp/child. They somehow climbed under the vehicle and cut power to the alarm rendering it useless(I didn't know this was possible). They tried another vehicle but activated the alarm and woke the owner who informed me. Shitty Sunday morning I tell you.

Sorry to hear this dude,not a nice way to wake up.I hope they somehow at least recover youre bicycle components.

Guest notmyname

Yeah. I just hope they don't take the bike bits to a cash for scrap place. They're toast then.

Sorry to hear the bad news! Let us know what parts were stolen so we can keep an eye open for them. Also good to let us know your whereabouts so we are aware of the area the parts may surface.

C Record group sets are getting rare. Will keep an eye out. Let Linden and Northcliff cycles know because they would be a source to off load.

Anybody know anything about Chiaravalloti bike. A friend of mine saw one over the weekend that is for sale. Made in France. I can only find one listing on google. https://sites.google...s/chiaravalloti I am sure it is not as old as this one. The one here does not have say F Chiaravalloti only Chiaravalloti Any leads would be great. Cheers Dion

Edited by didi

Urgently looking for Shimano 8 speed bar end shifters.

Anyone in the greater JHB area that can help.......?

Urgently looking for Shimano 8 speed bar end shifters.

Anyone in the greater JHB area that can help.......?

Not overly expensive on the net... if you can wait for postage etc...

Need to put them on a bike tomorrow....

Eish good luck. This is probably a good place to start but I haven't seen many of those around... even you don't have a set fixer :blush:

Edited by Lance Notstrong

Ok the Chiaravalloti bike I don't think is made in France. Will load photos later. Cheers Dion