Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Nice, I was considering taking the old Bianchi on the Argus light but was a bit worried about climbing Eidenburgh on the seven speed.

Mine is 8 speed with a 21 biggest at the back. It hurts......but you can ride it!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help ID what model Bora's these are????

The manual says 9 spd, but there is no model name.

Aluminium brake surface.

post-25781-0-61286200-1425819790_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-23680800-1425819800_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-84897800-1425819809_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeyYou

Mine is 8 speed with a 21 biggest at the back. It hurts......but you can ride it!

Respect, my big one at back is a 23.

Those are circa 2003. I have a pair too. Heavy as $#!T but look very cool. They roll like a dream when you get them going. Those came out in 9spd yes. Be careful not to lose the cassette lock ring because its a specific thread size to the 9spd only.

Thanks Morph. Guy I bought them from has put 10spd on, but lock ring still there!!!!

I bought a couple a while ago from Europe, cause I needed others.

Took the old girl out to ride the Argus Light.

Took my baby out for the argus too.. Awesome machines. Mines not setup like yours but she rode like a dream. Got a cool 1h36 

Edited by radbaby

Took my baby out for the argus too.. Awesome machines. Mines not setup like yours but she rode like a dream. Got a cool 1h36 

I saw quite a few old classics out there today, but chances are we were the only ones riding Bititans. :thumbup:

I thought long and hard about how to restore mine and eventually decided to keep it 8 speed with all parts period specific, mostly because I like the look. I thought it would be something to ride every now and then on a good weather Sunday and Moonlight Mass, but it turned out differently. My usual ride, a Litespeed, broke down in December and the hanger I bought from overseas got lost in the Post Office strike for 2 months. So, I simply rode the old Colnago for all my Argus training since January. It was quite a revelation. I found it a true race horse. It is very responsive and quick to accelerate, but at the same time rock solid around corners. The only thing that took a few rides to get used to was the down tube shifters. They shift perfectly and quieter than my much later 10 speed on the Litespeed, but you need to think ahead a bit more and you cannot shift easily on tough surfaces and when going downhill at speed. Once I got used to that, it was no problem. This bike will definitely see much more use than anticipated.  

I saw quite a few old classics out there today, but chances are we were the only ones riding Bititans. :thumbup:

I thought long and hard about how to restore mine and eventually decided to keep it 8 speed with all parts period specific, mostly because I like the look. I thought it would be something to ride every now and then on a good weather Sunday and Moonlight Mass, but it turned out differently. My usual ride, a Litespeed, broke down in December and the hanger I bought from overseas got lost in the Post Office strike for 2 months. So, I simply rode the old Colnago for all my Argus training since January. It was quite a revelation. I found it a true race horse. It is very responsive and quick to accelerate, but at the same time rock solid around corners. The only thing that took a few rides to get used to was the down tube shifters. They shift perfectly and quieter than my much later 10 speed on the Litespeed, but you need to think ahead a bit more and you cannot shift easily on tough surfaces and when going downhill at speed. Once I got used to that, it was no problem. This bike will definitely see much more use than anticipated.  

Yeah, also saw quite a few nice classics. Lots of Colnago's but no Bititans. Strangely i did the Tour De PPA a few weeks back and happened to arrive at the exact same time as another guy with a Bititan ...:) So i turn to him and say "Nice bike" he turns to me and goes thanks and he looks down at mine and goes " WOAH The chances of bumping into another one of these today are slimmer than that of me winning this race.." Hilarious !! That wasnt by any chance you was it.. Also seemed to have a full C-Record Group with delta brakes. Absolute stunner...

Yeah, also saw quite a few nice classics. Lots of Colnago's but no Bititans. Strangely i did the Tour De PPA a few weeks back and happened to arrive at the exact same time as another guy with a Bititan ... :) So i turn to him and say "Nice bike" he turns to me and goes thanks and he looks down at mine and goes " WOAH The chances of bumping into another one of these today are slimmer than that of me winning this race.." Hilarious !! That wasnt by any chance you was it.. Also seemed to have a full C-Record Group with delta brakes. Absolute stunner...

The only frame I truly regret selling is my Bititan. 

HELP ..... anyone with any ideas?

The brake cable guides on my C40 are/were very corroded, as seen in the pics. Two have disintegrated and are file 13 material.

They appear to have been pop riveted into the carbon. I'm unlikely to get original replacements, but I can probably get Cannondale, or similar ones.

Questions:

What's the best way to remove the remaining pop rivets? 

Should I pop rivet again, or epoxy?

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

post-25781-0-07308600-1425907799_thumb.jpg

Yeah, also saw quite a few nice classics. Lots of Colnago's but no Bititans. Strangely i did the Tour De PPA a few weeks back and happened to arrive at the exact same time as another guy with a Bititan ... :) So i turn to him and say "Nice bike" he turns to me and goes thanks and he looks down at mine and goes " WOAH The chances of bumping into another one of these today are slimmer than that of me winning this race.." Hilarious !! That wasnt by any chance you was it.. Also seemed to have a full C-Record Group with delta brakes. Absolute stunner...

Was indeed me, guilty as charged!

HELP ..... anyone with any ideas?

The brake cable guides on my C40 are/were very corroded, as seen in the pics. Two have disintegrated and are file 13 material.

They appear to have been pop riveted into the carbon. I'm unlikely to get original replacements, but I can probably get Cannondale, or similar ones.

Questions:

What's the best way to remove the remaining pop rivets? 

Should I pop rivet again, or epoxy?

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Hey there Vic,

I've successfully drilled out the pop rivets on a Wilier carbon bike, and then re-pop riveted using stainless rivets bought from a hardware store. Working perfectly many years later.

Cheers

Guest notmyname

Ha! That's awesome!

Ah! awesome. Pleased to meet you. Nice to put a name to the face and face to the name . ...:)

Hey there Vic,

I've successfully drilled out the pop rivets on a Wilier carbon bike, and then re-pop riveted using stainless rivets bought from a hardware store. Working perfectly many years later.

Cheers

Thanks W.

NOW TO FIND SOME REPLACEMENT CABLE GUIDES / STOPS

ANYONE HAVE ANY????????