Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

jarek.pski

"I think it's because older things store memories, have a history to tell, these are things that people can relate to, and perhaps remind some of the 'better' days :) :) "

Back you 100 hundred percent

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

My dad wanted to throw out my old road bike - 80`s Pinarello steel frame - downtube shifters - campy group set.

My question is - do I respray the frame and fit STi`s or just clean it up and put on some new decals.

Would anyone be interested in it?

I`ll post some pics tomorrow.

i thought it a great idea for those out there to post pics of the bikes they will be doing the argus on- retro all the way.. no modern rubbish

How do you upload pics to a forum - it wants a http://

Is there another way?

Otherwise I need to upload it in "For Sale"

Let me know

Hi guys

I have built up two steel frame fixies which I love but now have the itch for a retro road bike.

Do any of you guys have a project bike or fully restored bike that you would consider selling? I ride a 56cm frame.

Cheers

How do you upload pics to a forum - it wants a http://

Is there another way?

Otherwise I need to upload it in "For Sale"

Let me know

Just click on "Use Full Editor" bellow "Fast Reply" at the bottom, then hit "browse" and then hit "Attach this file". Make sure it's not larger then 500Mb and then hit "Add Reply"

Edited by nathrix™ ®

oooh, bike crotch shots! Nothing wrong with that one, Vinny. Bit of polish and some elbow grease should bring her up nicely. I'm not into respraying myself; I like a bit of the character and history of the bike to come through. Each scratch and scrape has a story. It's like the classic cars I see - resrayed, new leather, etc - so overdone, there's nothing left of the original cxharacter. Overseas, restorations like that get big minus points.

I would keep it original and just polish it up. Very naaice Vinny.

Edited by nathrix™ ®

Finally got the Eddy Merckx back from Cycle Art (really good job guys!).

http://i53.tinypic.com/10ht2s8.jpg

I've got a set of Campy Atlanta wheels and will end up with a Campy Pista crank. Still not sure on the bars though...

Fantastic job Dsan. If you're going for a Pista look then a set of Cinelli Criteriums would look really cool.

Have any of you guys got a cool retro road bike that you would like to sell (56cm frame)?