The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest very solid rig! It just felt as if it was I duno dead, like not so responsive but maybe that cause of the up right feel on the scott

yeah, it's setup not to be very springy. I dialed it such that it's before i get that I'mGonnaBeBuckedOffMyOwnBike type of feeling. Also, you didnt take her down more rocky paths. As I said, the first 20mm of travel is very easy to get thru, turning roots and rocks into pancakes. Some like it, some dont. I'm with the former group. Coincidentally, it's how Sam hill sets his bike up. and yes, i'ma fanboi of SH smiley17.gif ?

but time to catch some Zzzzzs. Off to paarl tomorrow morning.

Anyone else gonna be there?

Capricorn2010-01-23 17:38:11

I'm not training for nationals! Well I don't really want to run off with your bike, and it will take me time to get use to the ride feel

Cap! how was Paarl? and Tokai yesterday? I had to take a day off just to relax abit, grade11 is tough! anyone riding later today? i might hity Tokai after lunch

Cap! how was Paarl? and Tokai yesterday? I had to take a day off just to relax abit' date=' grade11 is tough! anyone riding later today? i might hity Tokai after lunch[/quote']

huh. wait til matric

School is eady, straight forward. Wait for uni, no boundaries and no one to force you into anything, much harder. Guys want to see what your bikes look like, please re post all pics of your bike with upgrades and alles.

Cap! how was Paarl? and Tokai yesterday? I had to take a day off just to relax abit' date=' grade11 is tough! anyone riding later today? i might hity Tokai after lunch[/quote']

Paarl was flipping awesome! except the part where I jumped straight into what felt like a curb edge and snake bit right through my tire! bloody tire actually looks like someone took a knife to it?smiley6.gif

I just mucked around at the playground with another dude cos man, it woulda been damn far to keep walking back up. No shuttle luxury smiley6.gif and it was center of sun stuff again in terms of temp. Did teh wall rides, most of the jumps and drops. that first table top is nice! smiley4.gif?They were digging what looked like a new drainage ditch at that drop that goes down to the tar road. They left branches and rocks at the first lip just higher up so prevent folks from going over. Just a pity about those braking bumps before the first table top. Makes finding a proper line a bit iffy. then again it's my first time there, so i reckon next time, i will know what to expect and to do. smiley1.gif.

The guy i was with said they didnt take that wall ride route during the comp? wall ride is nice. just lay into it, but the trick is not overcooking the speed to make that jump just abit after the end of hte wallride. overcooked it a few times and almost ended up in that deepass rut that is at the end of the 'chicken run' on the left of that jump. pity. smiley2.gif

But after i was done, drove down and parked at the end of the track to walk back up and took a video and some snaps of the forest section. damn nice. I would tap that smiley2.gif

Definitely going to spend MUCH more time there. Great area to practice on, pity there aint a spec of shade. They can easily fake the Mars landings there. smiley6.gif

Murray: whenz that new tire gonna be here?

Louis: i thought uni was easier. then again i am a nerd. of sorts smiley17.gif What did u swot? in fact, what u doing now?

Capricorn2010-01-24 09:41:11

tokai wasnt too lakker for me. Still recovering a bit of strength after that bug had me on the ropes. I got tired real easy. Anyways, hooked up with ?Murray. His bike is looking really nice. sick setup.

jrussel: was wondering what happened to you this weekend. was hoping you wouldv'e been camping Paarl as well. But work hard bud. I would have to agree if someone says grade 11 is the worst of your high school years. Besides, you have to shine here as it wins you massive brownie points in terms of university entry. Do Not Underestimate hte value of smashing grade 11. Btw: i got over 90% average for grade 11. So there's your target. GO!

Louis: no major upgrades this time round. Only changed me h-bars from the Truvativ Holzfellers to a Spank Spike 777 bar (black). I needed some width in the cockpit, hence the 'upgrade'.

What you do to yours of late?

I love that Paarl track! bleak about your tire.....ive been up to a little bike serviceing this weekend, and i need to find one of those round headed allen keys to get to this one screw to undo my pivot axel, its got some dust in it and its scrapping, not a nice sound. so off to the hardware store tomorrow after school. otherwise Murray and I will be riding wenesday and thursday from 4 30ish if you wanna ride? i gotta race Murraysmiley17.gif but my gears keep jumping! i think i need a new cassette and chain......ill havea  look though.

and wow 90% is quite the goal! thats insane, i got 65% average last year...... but ya, so far ive been working pretty hard. spent 4 hours on my I.T project and as I finnished it my harddrive broke.....

LOL.. omw what rotten luck.. 'bleak' as you are fond of saying smiley2.gif?

This week will be a tough week work wise. Will be killing trees en masse (quarterly reports and other such low-brow bs..)

Gears keep jumping? tension on your rear mech is stuffed, or so I reckon. But let us know what fixed it.

yeah ,paarl. solid little place to have proper gravity runs. None of that stop start BS at tokai. I think overally, tokai way more gnarly, but you can't those nice flowy runs together like you can at Paarl, oh and the jumps at paarl are super decent in size and spacing between jumps, and oh my sack, that last berm looks SICK! wish i had ridden that forest section. Next time, and hopefully by then that ditch has been fixed.

Cap I found out who that oak that was blitzing it was and I don't think you'd be as quick as he is in just a month as he is like 3rd best in the country now and goes by the name of Jonty neethling

Guys want to see what your bikes look like' date=' please re post all pics of your bike with upgrades and alles.[/quote']

I will when I get my new chain device and bash guard on.

Oh ya. My order FINALLY came through.

So ya, new bashgurad and 661 gloves :)

20100124_123908_24900-2.jpg

20100124_125042_orderstuff.jpg