The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

oh well I cycle up a little hill and was just about able to lean forward and pedal with my feat vertical still the grip was so great!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince has got permission to re-open the track on Mola farm in Somerset West. Apparently the track is still there but needs to be cleared before being ridden. The drop in to the gully' date=' the hip and the step up are all still there. We are going there on Saturday to do some track clearing.

Any Volunteers?

[/quote']

Can't make this weekend but if you pm me banking details, I could donate a few ronds towards causal labour, beers...

Hey Cap, did you get that sms with tracking number from me this morning?

Here's a pic I took lastnight. I was so tempted to open them and see what they look like on my helmet, but I settled for a pic just next to it, haha! They totally make my Thor's look ghetto! haha!

20100210_090954_Photo0090.jpg

Man I need a new helmet! Say patches what you doing with your old one

...sorry DHK' date=' I used a borrowed MX helmet before I got this one [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

But hey! I've noticed that quite a few guys who ride way more competitively than I do, use regular FF bike helmets for parctice, and DOT rated ones for races.

...and there's an MX shop near my house that sells 2nd hand gear. pads, gloves, goggles, and ofcourse helmets.

The top MX guys use a helmet called an Airoh (spelling?!) It weighs the same as a Bicycle hemet (around 1kg). This shop has a few 2nd hand ones in at the moment. If you're keen, I can find out a price for you?! 

dude, i loike your helmet :)

thanks for the SMS and tracking number. Soz i didnt reply. I cant take my mobile onto site.

Is that the 661 Comp II? it's dirt cheap on CRC, like just under R700. very tempted to get myself one. it looks the shiz. On a perverted level, i would really like the new TLD D3. that is just one supersick looking helmet. but neck brace first.

dude' date=' i like your helmet :)

thanks for the SMS and tracking number. Soz i didnt reply. I cant take my mobile onto site.

Is that the 661 Comp II? it's dirt cheap on CRC, like just under R700. very tempted to get myself one. it looks the shiz. On a perverted level, i would really like the new TLD D3. that is just one supersick looking helmet. but neck brace first.

[/quote']

Aah man! you got to go to site! I've been stuck behind my desk counting valves, specking NH3 vessels, and prepping budgets. I'd take site over that anyday! haha!

As for the helmet... I was going to get the 661 Comp II, but I spent a slight bit more to get the Evolution in Legend White. That's why I spotted those VZ's... the white with gold accents... killer match! haha!

Evo's are 45% off at the moment... R720. (darn exchange rate... I paid R740, haha).

I've heard that the Evo is not as well vented as the Comp II, but I think it offers better protection. Retail price isn't everything, but the Evo's RRP is nearly twice that of the Comp II, but on CRC you only pay R85 more. Gee Atherton used one at that Redbull race through the Rio shanties in Brazil. (athough guys like that probably get given the Carbon versions, haha)

But yeah! I love it!

20100211_010445_resized-2009093.jpg
patches2010-02-11 01:08:43

WOW. Anybody want to buy my D2? I want one of those in the black and gold.

"does it come in black?" haha!

Yeah! there are quite a few awesome black 661's out there... and their lighter coloured counterparts are pretty hot too...

20100211_053421_661.JPG

1. Evolution Carbon - Black

2. Evolution Carbon - White

3. Evolution - Legend Black

4. Evolution - Legend White

5. Flight II - Legend Black (these are DOT & Snell rated' date=' so can be used on MX bikes. I heard that some DH riders use them when competing)

6. Flight II - Legend White

So your_name_here ... which black & gold one is your pick? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]
patches2010-02-11 05:38:50

Howdy DHers,

I am considering letting my DH rig gosmiley19.gif.....yip selling it.... smiley19.giflet me know if anybody is interrested.  Pics to follow, heres the spec:

Specialized Demo 7 frame large (7.7" of travel) - 2008

Mazzorchi 888 fork 200mm travel (2007 model)

Saint 165mm cranks

50/50 peddals

Hayes Stroker trail brakes (200mm front and back)

Truvativ Husselfelt stem

710mm wide bars

Saint hub on Mavix 729 at the back

hope pro 2 on mavic 729 at the front

E13 bash guard and chain device

Maxxis high roller 2.7 tires

Fizik ZEAK saadle on a Truvativ seatpost

Think that is all of it.......

Thinking of about R23 000.00 for the complete bike - not willing to spilt the bike.......