The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up, if you go past the power station, round about where that steep hill starts. Gunna be sick once it's done!

nice! thanks for hte headsup PW :)

MikeNorth: just a heads up. Foresty dudes are going postal with chainsaws on signal hill in the area of the treeline track. The exit is blocked off, but the top section is still ridable. Will have to dismount at the bottom.FOresty activities right at the bottom, so everything else is still ridable, jumpable, fallable ;) love that ski jump at speed..

Jarek you are not in the possestion of a 350lbs coil for a DHX 5 by any chance? I think the one I have on my shock is a bit hard (400lbs). Just would like to test first to be sure.

I have adjsuetd the ring about 2-3mm from when the ring seats the coil, and I weigh in at 65kg.

nice! thanks for hte headsup PW :)

MikeNorth: just a heads up. Foresty dudes are going postal with chainsaws on signal hill in the area of the treeline track. The exit is blocked off, but the top section is still ridable. Will have to dismount at the bottom.FOresty activities right at the bottom, so everything else is still ridable, jumpable, fallable ;) love that ski jump at speed..

Cool, thanks, will keep my eyes open for flying chainsaws and sawdust...

In it's current state...Wrote off my back wheel on a big double so I took the chance to pull apart and clean out the mud from the rainy season...new Hope Pro2 laced to a Mavic 729 is in the mail!!!

post-9165-0-30428200-1306080109.jpg

post-9165-0-12221700-1306080171.jpg

how the dickens u manage to get an Elka down in Peru? Locally sourced, or stock with that Corsair frame?

Naa Corsairs come stock with Marzocchi's, got a mate of mine from the states to bring the Elka down with him in exchange for a couple of nights free at at a local hostel, You can't get jack in the south of Peru (had to come to Argentina to get a wheel sent here, as Peruvian customs are bastard swine and I've had too many bad experiences with them)...Lima's got some nice bike shops, something like five Specialized dealers there and even a Yeti dealer, but it's a 23 hour bus ride and I was coming here anyway.

i feel like i need to hug someone at CRC...

mad props for persisting despite the difficulties :thumbup:

If you saw the trails you'd totally understand how worth it is...CRC and Evans have saved my ass plenty over the last year!!! hoping to get some cash together for a camera to record the rides and post them (just gotta stop breaking stuff on my bike for long enough to achieve this!!)

man, i cannot comprehend how painful it must be when you break something. Exactly how many spares do you have, cos i'd love to come raid your bike shed :P

please post up. u cant brag about your trails and not show us :P

Haha, true that...busy trying to resize some of the pic's now, we hosted a race last month (Chris Van Dine and Aaron Chase came through, here is the link, the pic's are not so good, but there are some vid's though: www.incadownhill.com)

My problem is I don't have enough spares...(read ANY) basically got a brake bleed kit (and quite a lot of spare pads, as our 20km DH run is pretty hard on the brakes) and wet weather tyres (can't ride here november-mid may without them wetscreams!)

will get cracking on some of the pictures...check out that vid!!!