The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

This is what I have built. I want to build the wooden landing, then lead it into a wooden kicker onto a massive softish sand landing. It will be the best for practicing tricks.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/2521/pbpic2521950.jpg

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/2521/pbpic2521975.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, it just sucks because of the sand. Its really crappy and I cant build proper DJ's with it. Thats why im going to have a wooden drop landing, and a wooden kicker.

holy crap! that's super sweet! Where u live mitch?

oh and pls use a cross brace between the uprights. Triangles are way stronger than any rectangle

i see what looks like a lot of power pylons in the background which suggests a power station is nearby, like koeberg. So maybe he out near tableview side..

dude: if you ever need some hands for building stuff, just gimme a shout. holy crap that place has MASSIVE potential.

Yep it does ey. But I have been struggling for years to establish it into a DJ/Freeride spot which just isnt happening, because of the sand issue. For now Im going to concentrate on the wood part of it until I can find some decent dirt. Then i might want to hire a bobcat to move stuff around. At the moment its a mess down there. All dry, sandy, and the ground is FULL of thorns. So when winter comes ill get my friends quad out and just tear up the ground and make a new beginning.

Yup I did, I got all the 2x4's off pallets. And I got the support poles from the poleyard. What I would like to do also is build a wooden start point on the top of that hill which the ladder bridge is coming of.

Then I can take that piece of ladder bridge that is touching the top and connect it to the higher wooden platform which will mean that you ride off the platform onto a downwards sloping ladder bridge section, then into the flat part, and then drop off. So the downhill part will mean you wont need to pedal much, if not at all.