The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude. SPAM MOAAR!!! smiley17.gif btw, impossible to spam the DH PHOTO THREAD With PHOTOS. But I want you to try. purdy pleeease! smiley2.gif

that track looks like something i can live on.. omw, reminds me of the bottom of paarl. That GMM series is absolutely brilliant.

BB height is 38cm when the for is I don't know how you would say this but all the way up and the BB height drops a little if I lower the fork

omw. i dig the first photo on this page: dude's fiddling with his neck brace at the apex of his jump LOL either that or he's taking a sip from his hydropack.. awesome!

?

DHK: as long as you off the bike when you measure the BB height. then that's the one i'm after smiley1.gif thanks murray.

Capricorn2010-01-31 13:07:39

Both off. I don't mean when the forks compressed you know like on the triple tree forks you can adjust how high you want your stansion

no matter, but just take the BB Height when your bike is set for you to ride.?

on the matter of changing your stanchion height, does it reduce your total stroke available or what?

on my fork you have to measure 203mm and that is the lowest that you can drop. So there has to be 203mm stroke length at all times or more

nvm.I've got snot for brains this weekend. You cant have more cos the travel is limited by the lowers. the clamps can be moved up and down to accomodate different headtube heights, thats all. oi. that took me long enough

you very cryptic murray smiley17.gif

hope that tire comes quickly. rear's getting nice and loose. feels very much like i'm riding with a high roller smiley2.gif High roller is great, just the transition between the main tread and the edge knobs are discomforting, if there is such a word.

Went for a ride on Sat with Jason and wasn't feeling very confident on the bike, hit tokai again on Monday and I felt like that oak on that orange morewoood we saw the other day

yeah, that's how it goes. you have to ride, every day. no substitute for saddle time. How i wish I could ditch my current job for a year, get a half day job or inherent from a superloaded longlost family member, and just pony up every day.

can any one tell me where the paarl track starts or ends?

is it easy to find, and can any one drive up there?

track is two parts: top part called the playground, and the bottom part which is the forest section. The two are separated by the tar round you take to get to the entrance of the Taal Monument area.

Once you reach the gate to the taal monument, the start of the track is on your right (there are actually two areas to start your descent into the playground, but the one closest to the boundary wall of the taal monument area is the best one IMO.

anyone can go there. it's gratis. Just watch the crossing area between the playground and the start of the forest section. You have to cross that tar round that takes you up to the monument, so beware of cars.

Capricorn2010-02-02 07:15:07