The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

murray: yep, they sure are nice. easily see why so many raved about the shoe.?smiley1.gif

Capricorn2010-02-08 10:15:43

Hey Guys

Do any of you know Spesh123?

He stiffed me on some DH Wheels that were supposed to have brand new rims and come with a Sram 9 speed cassette.

The rims were newish, having been used and with the lip dented on the rear wheel, and he never sent the cassette.

He came across all "shocked" that the wheels could possibly have a dent (never mind the scratches), and claimed to have "forgotten" about the cassette, and would post it immediately.

It is now three weeks later, and my cassette has still not arrived.

Watch out for this oke! He is not on the level.

?

oi.. that doesnt sound too good. maybe take it up in the Rant n Rave section as your issue is not really a DH-only issue.

At least there he will have a proper chance to respond. Not many folks troll this part of the woods?smiley2.gif

Capricorn2010-02-08 10:39:25

I know that he used to come onto the downhill thread, so I figured he might get his chance to respond here before I go full public on the Rant 'n Rave thread.

I'm not doubting your claims, but if you didnt want to take things public, then starting via a PM would be the recommended course of action. Things are automatically hot if they are first broached in public. I'm sure you know what i I mean, and fighting a bit in PM tends to prevent egg_on_face in public.

But if you've been through the whole PM drama already, then commence the public degassing..

Ya, I did the whole PM thing. Even sent him an email today, but got an automatic response.

I bought the stuff from him in December, and was only able to collect from the post office on the 11th January. I told him immediately about the damage, and he said there was nothing he could do, because it was 3 weeks later. I accepted that, what choice did I have.

But the cluster, he told me he shipped it on the 15th January. I want to know where it is now. He never gave me a shipping waybill number, so I have no proof the he actually even sent it.

Whats the casseste model? and what is it worth? Id ask for the cash of the cassette and then if it does arrive later on in the post, send the money back to him, but that sucks man! I hope it gets sorted out soon

you know, i've seen some stuff really get chucked around in the back of those post office vans, and can understand when something fragile or thin walled gets dinged, or even breaks. but dings in a DH worthy rim? This is not a road bike rim, it's a rim meant to be thrown into the deepest gnar your balls can handle.

but that's just me...

anyway, keep at it, and post up in teh rant and rave section. Maybe someone else who knows him will give him the headsup. Have you checked when last he was active on the forum?

oh, it's spesh321, and he was last active on 04 Feb 2010 @ 6:31pm.

?

He seems a standup guy. Maybe there is a good enough explanation for everything. lets see what the response is.

Capricorn2010-02-08 12:59:13

Cap went for a little ride with the 5.10's and wow now I see what they ment by it's like riding with clip ins! Soo much grip so easy to whip now aswell. . .not so nice to walk in though.

wait till you do more pedalling, especially on climbs. mid sole/arch support is not exactly running-shoe class, so they do tend to a hurt about. But that's not the point of the shoe.

Just note though: if your foot slips, it's more than likely cos of your pedal pins. I've had a crash or two cos my foot slipped due to sketchy pins.

and for all those who want the stickiness without having to buy the shoe, try the DIY kit that five.ten offers. The mission will be to source the stuff.. smiley6.gif