The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i checked it out this afternoon whilst waiting at the mall. What u find so far?

also, u didnt respond to me sms when i asked about Alex and his operation last monday.

O right sorry well he didn't have to go for an operation in the end! He said he might still have to though if the bone doesnt grow back right. He will only know tomorrow! But today and yesturday he was riding his bike from geocache to geocache. As you said that cast will provide better protection than the hole 661 range! We have found four cache's so far. Did you know that there was a water spring in newlands???

Good news then about his wrist. smiley1.gif

that geocache thing sounds like fun. wont mind ritzing around on me sled going from cache to cache. some fun exercise.

and no, didnt know about the spring in newlands. is it still working?

Capricorn2010-02-21 15:21:25

anyone following 2010 Valparaiso Cerro Abajo (Chile)? One of the great urban rides out there.

This year looks damn gnarly, and here is

(50sec into the clip) on the transition of one of the harder drops out there.

awesome 1080p clip from VCA 2009. Very worthwhile watching. This is sick riding.

seems Andrew Neethling had a big crash during practice and didn't start the race. Filip Polc took final honors.

Word out on Micayla Gatto's crash was she skipped a gear coming into that drop and lost speed causing her to stack into the lip of the transition. *shudder*

Hey All.

I worked on the Sir Lowrys track on Saturday. It was P#@s hot out there but anyways. The track itself is soooooo sick. lots of variety. nothing huge just lots of cool things.

Loads of people went out there on Sunday to finish up the track. Apparently the only thing outstanding are the 2 wooden bridge things. One for the step-up and the other for one of the drops. I'm going out there with Vince on Thursday to lay the wood for those 2 features. Hopefully we will get a few runs in too. hehe.

I have a new favorite track. It's gonna be such a fun track.

Please. For your own sakes do the damn race on Sunday. Don't be intimidated by the fast guys. You are racing yourself not them. They are all really cool guys anyway and guys like pottie are always keen to give out advice and show you the lines.

And if you are not in to the whole competitive thing don't worry. just think of it as paying R200.00 for a shuttle day. That's the way I think of it. I'm not big on begging but Please guys. Your presence means that our sport will have a future and that more tracks will be built.

Come on. Do it. You will have loads of fun and make new friends too.

Some features on the Sir Lowrys pass track.

Drop in to a gully (easier chicken line)

Hip jump

step up jump

berm to jump to g-out berm

rock drop (easier chicken line)

rock step down to pallet landing

small road gap (easier chicken line)

Tell me that description doesn't get the adrenalin o-meter going.

While the track is action packed there is nothing that is huge and too intimidating. The last time a race was held there I tested the DH waters for the first time. I got down on a xc bike with v brakes so you can easily do it on any decentish bike.