The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where you can go ride up in Pretoria, if there is anything close to Hartebeespoort, Thabazimibi, Brits that would be cool.I will be up there wanna know if I can ride. I already know I can ride at the National Trail they just used, its private land.

Makes our urban race look a little tame.

coupla posts back in this thread, I posted a bit of info on VCA 2010. Both Micayla Gatto and ?Needles stacked badly during their practice runs, with both DNS'ing.

?The south america urban assaults i reckon are the most dangerous downhill runs anywhere on the planet. there is VCA in Chile, and Desafio no Morro, run thru the favellas in Brazil. VCA is by invitation only to foreign riders, and all other south america riders must qualify at other races.

DNM is inviting, but VCA is just pure gnar. Scares me a bit just looking at it. Apparently, the drops at VCA 2009 even had the elites looking at it for a long long time, before it was attempted.

Capricorn2010-02-23 10:28:58

Makes our urban race look a little tame.

coupla posts back in this thread' date=' I posted a bit of info on VCA 2010. Both Micayla Gatto and  Needles stacked badly during their practice runs, with both DNS'ing.

The south america urban assaults i reckon are the most dangerous downhill runs anywhere on the planet. there is VCA in Chile, and Desafio no Morro, run thru the favellas in Brazil. VCA is by invitation only to foreign riders, and all other south america riders must qualify at other races.

DNM is inviting, but VCA is just pure gnar. Scares me a bit just looking at it. Apparently, the drops at VCA 2009 even had the elites looking at it for a long long time, before it was attempted.

[/quote']

That was flippen amazing. Really impressive.

I'm going to the race venue tomorrow afternoon to finish up one of the ladder bridges. I'll try take a camera and snap a few shot to whet the appetites.

I'll try. I'll try take pics of vince on the interesting stuff on the track. but i want to do a little riding too. Test out that new helmet of mine. When i say test out i mean fit and comfort. Not the protection element.

closest place with decent stuff is CRC smiley17.gif, or if you swing that way, the interwebs.

If you find an outlet, please let me know. Todate: i have MADE, 3Focus, Earthed: Law of Fives, The Tipping Point, F1rst, and a couple of other free movies that I downloaded off the web. One classic example of the free stuff is by Aaron Laroque - What's Next. Awesome vid. Then of course the Atherton project, and DirtTV's Finally, which is a pretty good visual roundup of the 2009 world cup season.

Just checked it out and bam it's a large I have a medium head. Patches do you still want me to send the drop out how much would it cost roughly to get it machined

Just checked it out and bam it's a large I have a medium head. Patches do you still want me to send the drop out how much would it cost roughly to get it machined

maybe try this:

20100225_123325_richard_turbin.jpg

A pretty cheap way to turn your medium head into a large' date=' haha! [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

As for the drop out, I looked at the ones that were on a link you posted earlier in this thread. Unfortunately it's gonna take more than a cnc laser to make those. Milling is your best bet. I can model them in Inventor, and make workshop drawings, but I only know laser guys, and cnc milling is gonna be quite a bit more expensive.
patches2010-02-25 12:37:51