The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Quick tech question... I'm looking at buying a morewood Izimu DH (kinda old...2005)... was wondering if anyone knows off hand what the rear travel is on one of those.

If I can I want to turn it into a freeride machine. It has a downtube to mount a FD... and if the rear travel is 7" or there abouts' date=' I'll put a 180mm fork on the front. But if it's 8"... I may have to keep it as a DH rig?!

Anyone got any insight for me!?
[/quote']

The older ones have an adjustable head angle by moving the shock. the travel is 8" but pedal feedback is pretty bad on the older ones. The fox dhx 5 sort of solved this. I'm sure riding it with the steepest head angle and a single crown could work. I'm not so sure about running a deralieur up front tho.

If i won the lotto tomorrow tho that's EXACTLY what I would do with mine. I'd get a makulu and then mod my Izimu. 180mm fork on the front, air shock for the rear and that hammershmidt thing for getting up the hills. Oh. and a crank bro's adjustable seat post of course.

PERFECT Tokai bike.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... yeah I saw that the shock position is adjustable. I'm hopefully picking it up this weekend, then I'll tinker around with the setup.

I'm holding thumbs that one may be able to put a Hussefelt, Holzfeller or maybe even a Saint 2 blade on it (would love a hammerschmidt... but as you said... gotta win the lotto, haha). And the Crank Bro's Joplin... ooh! That's been on my wanted list for a while! haha!

As for the 180mm fork... I was wanting a Totem... but budget might restrict that to an upper model Marzo 66 or a RS Domain.

It's a fixer-upper... so there are a lot of essentials it needs before I can soop it up

Hi guys.

Name is Arno and Im from Paarl.

Unfortunately I found this thread a bit too late.

Yo Duane, nice to see you on this tread. You still on Pinkbike?

Pitty I missed the race at Sir Lowry's. Had to work and did not know about the race before the last Sunday. To everyone who was involved in that race, you did an awesome job.

See there will be a shuttle day at Paarl on 14/03. Well just to inform everyone, they started with the paving at Playgrounds and chopping down of trees on the old track. So when you want to cross the road, use the yellow gate. Also recently more quadbikes have been making chaos on the tracks, so please be careful. We are currently looking to place markers and info boards on and around the tracks, but its quite expensive.

Anyone want to buy my Santacruz V10...R15000 and its yours.

2007 frame custom sprayed, SRAM X9 components, 2008 RS Boxxer World Cup fork with brand new inners, Fox DHX5 with a 450lb coil, SDG Belair seat + post, 2008 Codes, 2008 Raceface Diabolus Cranks 170mm, E-thirteen Chainguide, Truvativ Husselfelt Directmount stem, Specialized Mag Ti pedals. 18.8kgs at the moment.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

20100304_180548_V10_for_sale.JPG

See you at the track :)

Flat_0ut2010-03-04 21:39:30

Yoh Arno. Why the hell do you want to sell that? I've told my mate Deon about it. If anyone will buy it it will be him.

You getting a glory hey.

Guest Jarryd Haley

Hi guys.

I know this isnt the for sale section, but thought I would post it here to see if anyone is interested anyway. Please let me know, I really need to let it go quickly.

Please let me know what you think.

You can contact me on 072-257-3918.

The bike is only just a year

old, and has not been ridden much. It is the ideal race bike for SA.

Specs:

Medium 2009 Morewood Izimu Frame with FOX DHX 5.0.

FOX 40 RC2 Fork (with spare black lowers)

SRAM XO; X9 shifter and short cage derailleur

Truvativ Holzefellar OCT cranks

Truvativ Howitzer external BB

E-13 LG1 CHain Device

Truvativ Holzefellar Stem

FUNN Full On Handlebars (Brand New)

Formula Hubs

Mavic 729 front rim/ Sun MTX 31 Rear rim( Brand New)

Kenda Excavator Tyres (Brand New)

Hayes 9 Hydraulic discs front and rear (8")

R21 000.

20100219_093218_19022010.jpg

20100219_093431_19022010004.jpg20100219_094116_19022010005.jpg20100219_093318_19022010002.jpg

Hi guys.

Name is Arno and Im from Paarl.

Unfortunately I found this thread a bit too late.

Yo Duane' date=' nice to see you on this tread. You still on Pinkbike?

Pitty I missed the race at Sir Lowry's. Had to work and did not know about the race before the last Sunday. To everyone who was involved in that race, you did an awesome job.

See there will be a shuttle day at Paarl on 14/03. Well just to inform everyone, they started with the paving at Playgrounds and chopping down of trees on the old track. So when you want to cross the road, use the yellow gate. Also recently more quadbikes have been making chaos on the tracks, so please be careful. We are currently looking to place markers and info boards on and around the tracks, but its quite expensive.

Anyone want to buy my Santacruz V10...R15000 and its yours.

2007 frame custom sprayed, SRAM X9 components, 2008 RS Boxxer World Cup fork with brand new inners, Fox DHX5 with a 450lb coil, SDG Belair seat + post, 2008 Codes, 2008 Raceface Diabolus Cranks 170mm, E-thirteen Chainguide, Truvativ Husselfelt Directmount stem, Specialized Mag Ti pedals. 18.8kgs at the moment.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

[img']https://cdn.bikehub.co.za/uploads2/20100304_180548_V10_for_sale.JPG[/img]

See you at the track :)

Hey Arno. I'll trade you my Jackal, Izimu and a night with my wife for that.

Yoh Arno. Why the hell do you want to sell that? I've told my mate Deon about it. If anyone will buy it it will be him.

You getting a glory hey.

Hi Duane

Hope you well, this heatwave is terrible!

I know it is a real pitty that I must sell the V10, but I need the money to get my new bike. Glory 2010.

Gonna miss her....one of a kind and there are only 4 V10 in South Africa, well thats what I know of.

You riding this weekend? I will be riding Playgrounds Sunday morning.

Cant ride Saturday, working.

See you later

OK OK. 2 nights. She's not gonna be happy tho. Jees.

Hahaha....geez Duanne

You want your wife to steal my bike?? hehehe

Well maybe she keeps the V10 hey :)