The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finnaly got a semi-decent DH ride... (well I think it's awesome, even if others don't)... and so inkeeping with the nature of this thread... here is my new ride.

20100308_040936_small.JPG

This photo is of her, as I bought her... but an "Extreme Makeover" is about to begin... starting with new brakes, bars, and stem smiley4.gif

ouch. forecast tomorrow for cape town is 38C and Paarl 37C.

anyone still going' date=' and if yes, then when?

[/quote']

The Shuttle day is this coming Sunday dude. It's gonna be a tad cooler than it was this weekend. Well. that's what the weather gods say.

hahha. i was so damn excited about the shuttle day, i really got ahead of myself there. smiley2.gif anyways, camped late afternoon at The Mill at UCT, trying to jump a DH sled on a DJ track. Interesting results smiley17.gif

I dont have a DJ bike just yet, so i thought i would stiffen the suspension as much as the shock and fork would allow, and off i went, losing huge chunks of speed in the rollers. Tried pumping, i but think I was just exercising the bike's linkages to be honest smiley4.gif

28C is the forecast for Sunday coming. what time we supposed to be there? I need to know to dodge the damn traffic blockages due to the Argus tour. fek. you know, ppl dont walk the singletracks to work and shopping, but we sure do need our roads. Now clumps of skinjobs clog it all up for everyone. smiley6.gif /flamebait.

Ja I find that track quiet hard aswell on my DH bike I can only clear 2 of those jumps propery, but I have seen guys there with full on DH bikes do all the jumps at speed too!!

that first table top and the that last big jump before the two berms can be cleared. That i know. The rest,.. well...ahem..

?

when last were u there murray? before or after they did some maintenance on it and added those last two berms?

Capricorn2010-03-08 13:26:52

Was there just the other day not last weekend but the weekend before that. went in the evening and that sposered chic who had the giant glory was there on a 24" felt BMX cruiser. Rode the track for nearly 2 hours after I came down from the memorial.

u talking about Rika steyn (spelling?).?

btw: how is your sled going? you gonna make it for this sunday?

Just google that name here a pic I found http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2009/01/12/1231763548684-1jqqhz0zfjwxy-500-90-500-70.jpg the lady in the middle that her. Sled isn't goingsmiley19.gif crown cycles went threw them as they are scott agents and they said they will give me a call when they get the drop out in 2 weeks and still nothing so been riding the GT, just hate not having that awesome stopping power that those Hydrolic brakes put out!

yeah. that's rika. sponsored my action cycling, as shown by her cycling top in that mugshot.

dude: u still waiting for a drop out?! honeslty man, have that broken one cloned and u gonna be riding in no time.

I don't have it right now left it at crown they ask if they could have it to show the guy who was getting it for them or something