The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

i seem to have a lot of problems with my bike lately. <_<

does any one know where i can get my 5th element shock serviced or fixed, because i seem to have lost the dampning on the shock.there are no visible signs of oil leakage

i phoned cycle africa and they said they only fix Manitou :(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DS: if u can get the maintenance manual, i'm pretty sure the boys over at Action Cycling, or Crown Cycle (Marc in particular), or any other LBS of repute, should be able to assist.

Also, speak to Johan Bornman. He is pretty damn clued up about tech stuff, so he could probably assist as well. Sending him my Marzo for service.

DS: if u can get the maintenance manual, i'm pretty sure the boys over at Action Cycling, or Crown Cycle (Marc in particular), or any other LBS of repute, should be able to assist.

Also, speak to Johan Bornman. He is pretty damn clued up about tech stuff, so he could probably assist as well. Sending him my Marzo for service.

where is johan Bornman or should it be Borman

phoned action cycles. apparently i need to send it away, because nobody stocks spare parts. Think i'll take it to a motor bike shop and let them put in any o-ring's and whatever it takes to fix it, as long as it fits.

DH Team. I have a giant DH team and the shock length is 235mm eye to eye with a 75mm. I was fiddling with the shock the other day and it fell apart and no-one will service it as it is so old. So now I'm wanting to fit the frame with the DHX 5 on CRC but the closest size they have is 240mm with a 76mm stroke length will it fit?

is it just me or does that look like a giant front triangle. Granted,if that Kona was made in Taiwan, like most other bikes these days, it wouldnt surprise me if those hydroformed tubes and front triangles were OEM shapes and parts ;) Still very seksi bike.

On another tack: to the dude who bermed up the that off camber turn at the top of SH2, and fixed up that small stepdown mid way down SH2, you sir, totally rock! B)

Sweet you have people working on and fixing up your track.

Does anyone have a DH shock that is 235mm eye to eye 75mm stroke length?

Anyone know what the coil size is for the manitou metal?

yeah.it's nice getting independant contributors to the track, and no, it's not my track. kthx ;) I see quite a few guys ride it now. hardtails in the mix as well. super nice. that bit of track's getting very interesting :) very amped!!! :)

DH Team. I have a giant DH team and the shock length is 235mm eye to eye with a 75mm. I was fiddling with the shock the other day and it fell apart and no-one will service it as it is so old. So now I'm wanting to fit the frame with the DHX 5 on CRC but the closest size they have is 240mm with a 76mm stroke length will it fit?

it will fit, might just mean you dont get full travel.but with 76mm travel, and maybe losing 5mm. it's not a big deal honestly. and wtf u going with DHX 5???

oh wait. nvm. i see the price. frankly, go for the Vivid. you will not regret it. staggeringly good shock.

1. vivid don't have the size 2. It's gay compare to DHX 3. DHX is R500 cheaper 4. I can't get either as I have worked out that with the extra 5mm eye to eye to fit the shock it will have to go in at a slight angle. Unfortunately with this frame that means that the coil will hit against the frame and not allow a slightly bigger shock to fit. So have to go for the manitou as is the only one that will fit.

LOL @ gay. u going the wrong direction with that one ;)

CRC has exactly the 240 x 76mm size.

but yes, the only problem would be the spring diameter MAYBE knocking the frame. and no, it wont have to in at a slight angle. but i may have been wrong about eye2eye. cant remember now if it for fully compressed or fully extended shock... meh. fail

The size is 235mm by 75mm :unsure: that extra 5mm will make the coil and hit the frame and cause the bolts not to line up :( Eye to eye is always measure fully extended as they give you the stroke length. So you'd just be able to work out the length of the rest of the shock with that. It got nothing to do with the diameter of the coil it the angle it have to go in. Really hard to explain!!! I'll have to show you one day.

hahaha. i getit ;) which reminds me, gonna get another coil. sliglty softer at 450lbs, and Ti.

btw: DHK, do you know if the 2010 Boxxer Team can be converted to a Boxxer WC? Any guides you know of?

Why would you want to do that? Well the air valve not the hard part just hard to source but I'm sure there must be some seals of some sorts down in the lowers. Or even like a air bag hmmm I dunno google it!