The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

here's my chain device.

but boys my dilema is not the device, its the bb. i dont think theres enough thread on the shimano bb to put on the adapter and spacers to aline the chaindevice correctly.

post-7013-071149800 1279182049.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my Bike.

Old pic taken with a cell though.

Blew the back shock the other day so i am looking for a replacement.... So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

2002 Orange 223 (Ex-Team GLobal [GM])

2002 Marzocchi Shivers

XT Hydraulic stoppers with floating rear brake. (Most brutally responsive and powerful brakes I have ever used)

Buggered Rock Shox Pro Deluxe

Prototype floating chain device (I will post more pics of the 'device' when I get a chance)

XT/LX drivetrain

T.H.E Saddle, easton carbon Seatpost.

Tioga bar and Stem

Mavic/Velocity rims

Pic taken after a muddy ride, so excuse the mud guard

post-16663-083768600 1279184368.jpg

damn the crancks are 83mm wide and the dude i bought it from also gave me a shorter bb because my LBS had to put on a spacer on the end of the bb cups

i'll measure my bb shell to night an see what i need

Talking about chain guides I don't recommend the LG+1 as it cost an arm and a leg and is so flimsy and breakable. Mine Literally snapped in half today on DH2 at tokai.

errrm.. can i slapyou with your broken LG1+?

there is nothing wrong with it. DHK is special. did u tell them about the tiny crack it had?

also, i've the exact same model, and based ont eh gashes in the taco, i've hit mine pretty hard numerous times. it's NOT flimsy. DHK just doesnt know how to HIT IT! :P

jj.but it's not flimsy. at least not the one i have.

DHK coords to secret place?

It didn't break there at the top. You know the Bash Taco bit where the wheel thing bolts on? It broke off there and I didn't even hit anything :( . I haven't had any luck with this chain device :(. I'm going back to the trusty old truvativ never failed me.

ag shame man. in generally you dont have good mojo with hardware. but i must say, your experience with that LG 1+ was bad, but to be fair, i dont think it was the bashguard's fault. Maybe they overtightened that as well and caused slight cracking that eventually just failed. I've bashed my damn hard, yet no breaks. It's not the guard. I will stake my left nut on that. (sort of anyway :P)

yeah. i warned u about that, as i gulped as well when i saw the price for a replacement taco.

i might go over to the full bashguard as per SS+ or SRS+... looks the muttsnutss too.. but going black this time.

when i get the boxxer ( i know i've been saying this for a while now), but i will let the frame get resprayed. she needs a glossing over. then it's ball2thewalls for the demo.

worked abit on the top section. it was a tad too straight making the corner difficult, ie not smooth enough. to moved teh path to the left somewhat, and bermed up the bottom section using some rocks and a fallen bit of tree. Much much better.Now you can hit that corner a lot faster, but that off camber turn afterward should catch you out nicely ;)

looking down from the fire road:

post-6789-036289700 1279457046.jpg

walking down toward the berm:

post-6789-014855500 1279457055.jpg

Looking back up the track toward the drop-in point:

post-6789-057054800 1279457058.jpg

Wow your track is starting to look sweet!!!

Go into Olympic and lick the Demo there isn't that tasty :)

When you going to come check out my jumps

trust me: after i spend all that do$h on it, it will taste good. very very good. even covered in horseshit.. :P

dude. soz I couldnt make it today. was totally knackered after my work today. The ground up on Signal Hill is mostly sedimented soil + stone. so it's always a mission digging. Check this pic (see edge of drop off) to see what i mean if u start digging. it's genuinely like that all the way down no matter where u dig.