The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

dude. that's was so ninja i almost didnt see it..LOL u are NUTZ! :)

u deserve that E.Thirteen, oh, and it has a BB adapter to mount on. I just checked again. :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Capricorn,

I am relatively new to the freeride/downhill riding. Mostly I ride Eden, Jonkers, GSpot. You think my Shova will be able to ride the SH trail? I've been following the thread and the trail looks really awesome.

Cheers

IM pretty sure, the only thing stopping you from doing SH. Would be yourself! Come give it a try! Start off slow, get to know the course, fix a berm or two, and have fun! I ride it on an AC with 6" front and 6.6" rear +160 rotors. Its more of an all mountain route - Depending on how hard you push it!

Thanks lmDH/FR. I have a 150mm front and 5.7" (I think) rear. Both are air regulated. I think I will give SH a go sooner than later.

Just want to get used to the Shova, only had it a month now. Also a bit wary coz I tore some ligaments in my shoulder just being plain stupid.

Shot for info.

Hey Stryder: SH is a simple track which has been worked on a bit to make things a bit more interesting from a technical perspective. It's a very short track, but has just enough to keep it sufficiently interesting. Coming from Jonkers and Eden, i reckon it will probably be abit too easy for you. :)

Loveme.DH/FR: you still interested in teh chaindevice? It's the E.13 LS1 with bb_to_ISCG old adapter. As i said previously, only bummer is the lack of a bashplate, but I actually have a truvativ bashplate i swing your way as well. if u can mod the top guide of the E.13, that bash will fit just fine. It's white as well with a black stripe.

Still free :)

Hey Cap,

I am in Les Arcs. Got a couple of Junior WC racers in our group. Man these boys are loose and fast. I just like being airborne.

post-1049-006385700 1282649931.jpg

Hey Stryder: SH is a simple track which has been worked on a bit to make things a bit more interesting from a technical perspective. It's a very short track, but has just enough to keep it sufficiently interesting. Coming from Jonkers and Eden, i reckon it will probably be abit too easy for you. :)

Hi Cap, I'm not so sure, I ride those trails carefully. A short technical strip downhill will be perfect for me I'm sure.

But I will try it out.

Loveme.DH/FR: you still interested in teh chaindevice? It's the E.13 LS1 with bb_to_ISCG old adapter. As i said previously, only bummer is the lack of a bashplate, but I actually have a truvativ bashplate i swing your way as well. if u can mod the top guide of the E.13, that bash will fit just fine. It's white as well with a black stripe.

Still free :)

YES YES YES PLEASE!!!!! Do You know its my birthday tomo!!???? Thanks man! That will be an awesome present!!

Maybe we can finally meet up on SH this weekend! Do a bit of building+riding!

What will i need to fit/ modify it? Im sure ill be able to make a plan!

OK, here's my ride.

Morewood Shova

150mm Lyric Fork

Fox RP23 rear

Spank rims

WTB Prowler 2.5 Front

WTB Prowler 2.3 Rear

Halo Rear Hub

Nukeproof Front

Everything else is run-of-the-mill brakes, cassette, crank

Was putting on shifter cables at the time of the pic.

post-4817-067629300 1282657897.jpg

YES YES YES PLEASE!!!!! Do You know its my birthday tomo!!???? Thanks man! That will be an awesome present!!

Maybe we can finally meet up on SH this weekend! Do a bit of building+riding!

What will i need to fit/ modify it? Im sure ill be able to make a plan!

well happy birthday then ;) The LS1's top guide side plate doesnt have a curved cut out to accomodate a bashplate. If you can mod that to accomodate the truvativ bashplate i have, then you're golden. If you look at the latest 2010 SRS+ chain device from E.13, u will see they dont really need such a deep top guide plate. That maybe a good option for you to consider :)

I see just dremel that side plate till the bash fits. end of story.

sweet sled STryder, dig the Yeti-like colors :) How are those spank rims treating ya? i've had a bit of meh-experience iwth the spank spike 777 bar. It flexes..... <_<

Loveme.DH/FR: this is the LS1 2010 model, but the one i'm gifting ;) is almost exactly the same. CHeck that sideplate on the top guide. No space for a bash to fit. See it needs to be modded a bit.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/50530.jpg

This is the bashguard:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/31148-1.jpg

Thanks.

Well so far - good. I would have prefered the Subrosa's, they are a bit wider. Otherwise I am well pleased with this boy.

Now I gotta ride it like it is meant to be.

Maybe I should disconnect the brakes :D