The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cap im sure ill be able to grab it from you and fit it myself! I dont think ill have a problem. My buddy Mikes is organising something with you and me soon so I can grab it form you then, Or this saterday, but thinking it might be more fun to spend the day at tokai...

Stryder: it's very short, very quick. I'd say 1min from the defined start of SH2 to the defined end of SH3. The latter section Loveme.DH/FR was not liking is part of Urban Assault 2k9. BUt it should rightfully be appended to SH3 as it has it's own quirks. But to be honest, i havent timed myself yet. I'm hoping that once the track is more or less 'done' (yeah rite!), then i would like time trials: you, me, loveme.DH/FR and whoever else wants to rock The Hill.

Loveme.DH/FR: i'm gonna go weedwacking that latter section of SH3 u dont like. The grass is tall, and the untrimmed branches of nearby bushes are causing cuts and scrapes.

oh, b4 i 4get: Loveme.DH/FR: rock garden rocks! But I flitted over the tops :P Must admit,after I had walked it, i realized some of those edges are very sharp, and very proud of the soil's surface. Really thought I was gonna pinchflat, or bail off into the trees. But dude, that was fun! :)

Ok cool, so quite a few trips can be done in a day.

Off to Eden this weekend, and a few other interferances (?) the next few weekends. but really keen to try in october hopefully.

you normally start at the parking area on top?

yep. two ways down from that parking lot: via the sea side, or via the city side.

stryder: make sure u available for Urban Assault 2k10. It's normally in Oct. :)

Jeez dude. I am already getting nervous for Saturdays ride :D

Might be cool though, went to watch last years Urban Assault. There was uni and a few guys with hardtails.

Mmm might give it some serious thought.

Shot for info.

if u wanna get into DH: ride anything and everything. Some things are easier than others. SH is the easiest place you can ride. :) Short of enough for plenty of sessions, enough little obstacles to dev your skills on. And there's more to come :)

Loveme.DH/FR: need more rocks in that garden!!! gonna help this weekend extending it. Or at least spend time rock farming and leaving it nearby so it can be extended as we are able to tend to it.

Dont ride downhill but was checking out SC website wouldn't you like one of these this bike looks amazing

post-6876-014217600 1282759919.jpg

definitely a sweet sled, but my wallet belongs to Spesh's Demo 8

http://www.downhill911.com/images/specialized-2011/Demo-8-II-2011-big.jpg

or the latest Intense M9...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CAXB2T0FEzk/TFXP8ffDNmI/AAAAAAAAEU0/xRGF7whfg8E/s1600/35979_419629719181_364069399181_4557696_644288_n.jpg

http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/2011_intense_m9_bike.jpg

http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/2011_intense_m9_bike4.jpg

errrm. hell yes DHK.! :) dude. i'm besotted by that damn demo. It's like a siren... calling me to the rockgardens... :P

dude: demo is totally huckable. It's not a plougher, and neither is the new M9, not like the old M6. According to intense, the M9 is somewhat in betwween the 951's poppy nature and the plough-machine that was the M6. But u have good adjustability to adjust the progressivity to switch between pop and plough and somewhere in between, which is the default 'setting'.

That demo 8... no sir. not for ploughing. that thing is meant to rip corners to shreds.